BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't verified it yet, but I hear there is now a $100 rebate on the iWay 500C. Someone posted on one of the other boards that he just purchased an iWay from Buy.Com for $509. That's after the $100 mail-in rebate. Looks like Lowrance is pulling out all the stops for the Christmas season. For myself, I think I'll give it a couple more weeks. I'd still like to see something about the Tom-Tom Rider. Anybody eyeballed one?
OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
62 Posts
My buddy mounted a Lowrance i-Way 500C on his R1150RT. We played with it on a trip thru KY a month ago. It was very accurate, useful, helpful and fun to use. It also has a large MP3 memory which he had not loaded yet. I looked at other GPS units and if I were buying one it would be the Lowrance model.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey.........when anyone gets to actually see, hold, and inspect the Tom Tom Rider, please post your assessment.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
21 Posts
My buddy just bought a Garmin GPS V Deluxe for $219.00 and got me thinking about getting one. However, I found a rebate on the iWay 500c, effective between 11/25/05 and 1/31/06. Buyretail.com has one for $524.00 after the rebate.

Do you experienced GPS users think it is worth spending the extra $305.00 for a larger color screen and voice directions?

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts