BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
What concerns me with Jarnez' method is the reduction in the number of friction/drive plates in the lamellar pack. Also looking at his clutch basket he has a k12 as the late 2008 k12s and then k13s had a darker coloured modified clutch basket. Also most of the problems with the clutches were related to oil feed issues ie location of lube holes in the basket and the lack of oil due to the design of the thrust adapter (pushrod) BMW changed this design on three occassions to try and sort this. Clutch springs were also found to be 3-4mm too short which contributed to the clutch rattles. They also addressed the issue of the clutch basket getting eaten into by the lamellar pack. I don't think Jarnez' solution addresses all of these issues and it may work for a time but I'm concerned with the longevity of the repair. I would strongly suggest looking at 'sharealike1' on you tube, as Mattias has suggested , for a comprehensive review of the k12's clutch issues.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.