BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal on rebuilding the stock suspension on ESA equiped bikes? I'm patiently waiting for my bike to arrive, but in the meantime I was chatting it up on some other forums. One thing that we were discussing is what it will take to rebuild it? Given that very few suspension setups last longer then 25K miles without a rebuild (about a year of riding for me), then it won't take long before the issue comes up.

The forum has this question asked a few times, but I'm not really seeing any answers. Does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gorf said:
What's the deal on rebuilding the stock suspension on ESA equiped bikes? I'm patiently waiting for my bike to arrive, but in the meantime I was chatting it up on some other forums. One thing that we were discussing is what it will take to rebuild it? Given that very few suspension setups last longer then 25K miles without a rebuild (about a year of riding for me), then it won't take long before the issue comes up.

The forum has this question asked a few times, but I'm not really seeing any answers. Does anyone have any idea?
From the quick research I've been able to put together, Lindemann Engineering does mostly shock/suspension work, knows BMWs and sells WP - WP is the OEM supplier for ESA on the GT. I don't know if Lindemann knows anything specifically about ESA, but I'd bet the internal rebuildable parts are the same as non ESA. They list rebuilds anywhere from $150 to $295. I've gone this far, you might take it the rest of the way and contact them directly HERE to confirm the particulars :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts