BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Capn' Blowhard
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fellas.

I had "Gerty" in to get the airbox replaced (yay!) and a set of Avon Storms installed this past week. I told them to take care of any other recalls whilst in there.

I picked her up today (all seems fine - I'm in love once again) and on the receipt I noticed they took care of two recalls - 1704 which is the oil cap dealy and 4632, which I can't find any info on. I did sneak a peek (upside down) at their paperwork and I think I saw something about kick/centerstand bump stops but I can't be sure.

Anyone know what recall 4632 would be? It took 0.2 hours and there are no part #s listed.

Grassy ass!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Think some of the early bump stops made the stand too vertical and stand could fail. Mine was checked last year, august I believe.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
dhanson said:
Think some of the early bump stops made the stand too vertical and stand could fail. Mine was checked last year, august I believe.
Close. Some of the early center stands used a hard stop attached to a thin metal plate that would bend causing the center stand to rotate too far forward, sometimes bad enough that the rear tire could touch the ground while on the center stand. It also made taking the bike on and off the center stand very difficult.

Se this thread for details and pics.

0.2 hours sounds about right if it was just a simple inspection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts