BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sure I have seen a photo somewhere with reflectors placed on the side of the fering, left and right, in the "slot" infront of the BMW logo. The exact spot (withOUT reflector ) shown in picture below.

Anyone have an idea where I can get them;;

OOOPS.. faiuled to insert picture. Can anyone advise how to do that;

TIA

·
Would rather be riding
537 Posts
Attaching pics

K1200GT_GR said:
OOOPS.. faiuled to insert picture. Can anyone advise how to do that;
When you post, click the "Manage Attachments" button down in the Additional Options area. You'll get a window that will let you pick files to upload to the post.

There's some way to then paste the picture inline into the message, but I don't know that trick yet. It'll show up as an attachment though, usually good enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I managed to upload the pic now.. thanx ;)

It is this "slot" infront of the BMW cap, on the side of the fering that I think the reflector matches.

Anyone seen it on know where we can get it from;

S.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Seen it too. Wasn't a reflector, but reflective tape.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PerfectSwitch said:
Like this?
EXACTLY!!!!

Is this YOURS ?

Where did you get the refletors; Did you get them or make them with reflector tape like WIN says;

The windshield looks interesting too. That is NOT the standard piece that came with my GT, nor the extended one that I b ought from BMW only to find out it is only 1 inch higher :( Does i give you better wind protection or any turbulence at high speed;

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but I think the windshield is an Aeroflow. I have one, and i I totally love it. I am not sold on the Aeroguards that I bought with it though. They are wings that are supposed to block even more air, but they seem to me to cause turbulence. I took them off for now. Maybe I will try them again in the colder weather.

·
Banned
149 Posts
I'm the second owner and the original owner put the reflective tape and aero-equipment on. I test drove a GT w/o the aero-equipment and there's a huge difference. Yes, you are protected from wind, but turbulent air and gusts of wind cause the bike to pick up the air like a sail so you get moved around a bit. I haven't had the bike too long so I haven't removed the deflection pieces to compare, but I'm guessing it's nicer to ride with than without, provided you're riding in good weather conditions.

Scott
San Diego, CA

K1200GT_GR said:
EXACTLY!!!!

Is this YOURS ?

Where did you get the refletors; Did you get them or make them with reflector tape like WIN says;

The windshield looks interesting too. That is NOT the standard piece that came with my GT, nor the extended one that I b ought from BMW only to find out it is only 1 inch higher :( Does i give you better wind protection or any turbulence at high speed;

1 - 10 of 10 Posts