BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running out of different ways of putting "motorcycle rental" into google to find a rental agency near New York City that would see me riding out of the door on a K Bike.

I'm planning a visit to friends in NYC at Easter time 2009. Actually, I'm really planning to ride the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding roads in Tennessee/North Carolina - with a visit to friends in NYC as a side trip.

I've found a couple of Harley options (appropriate for USA, admittedly). One Honda CBR600RR and a Goldwing or ST1300. Otherwise nada.

Its clumsy co-ordinating this from Australia. I was wondering if anyone in that neck of the woods lives up the street from somewhere that could help me out?

p.s Sorry, I also posted this thread in K1200R forum. Don't worry, there is no Australian invasion on the way, just me posting up too much.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same problem about a year ago looking for a rental for a friend that was visiting.

I found no BMW bikes for rent mostly Harleys and he ended up getting a very expensive Buel rental.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You might want to consider buying a bike, Sell it when you are done. The loss is usually less than the cost of renting if you use it for more than a week! or ship it home when your done.

·
Registered
262 Posts
EagleRider Newark location at 201-429-4000 for availability. Newark in practically in New York City.

Eagle advertises BMWs also, but I don't know anything about this location. I've only rented from Casper Wyo and Los Angeles locations.

They do one way rentals, but I've never done that either.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts