BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of someplace that rents the K12S so that I could "test ride" it over a weekend or so. I'd love to try it out but would not feel that a dealer test ride up and down the street is enough. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thickasabrick said:
Does anyone know of someplace that rents the K12S so that I could "test ride" it over a weekend or so. I'd love to try it out but would not feel that a dealer test ride up and down the street is enough. Any thoughts?
In the U.S.? You must be joking right? If you find a business that rents them in the States, I'd like to hear about it. Their insurance bills would be through the roof.
I'm sure you can find plenty of places in Europe that rent them and you get to see the Alps too :).

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No joke....

That is a possibility, as the father-in-law is in Scotland. Was wondering if anyone had any experiences with rentals....I plan to get one as soon as my 04 GT is paid off, but would love to have a preview.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No rental, but...

Sierra BMW- Reno, NV let me go on a 75 mile test ride, before I bought my bike.

It was enough to convince me to buy a new one and ride it back to SoCal.

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Try BMW in Munich

I believe the main BMW dealer in Munich, Germany rents them. Best part is that you have direct access to the Autobahn and you're only an hours drive from the Alps.

BMW AG Niederlassung München Motorradzentrum
Frankfurter Ring 35
80807 München
Tel.: +49(0) 893535180

Homepage: http://www.bmw.de/nl_muenchen

You can also try these guys in Germany, they list the KS and KR as rental models.

http://www.bosenberg.com/

Good luck

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's what I wanna do someday, before I get too old.

Fly to Germany, rent a K1200S and tour Europe for about 3 weeks or so...how cool would that be??????? :yeah:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Leroy,
I don't know how soon before you purchase a KS you want to take the test ride but the guys at Iron Horse in Tucson had no problem letting me take 1/2 hour test rides on four of their bikes. I rode two on the first visit and two more a month later. Of course, they knew I was dead serious about buying a bike. I ended up buying my KRS from them based on the excellent treatment they gave me and my wife. It's certainly worth a phone call to them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to agree about Iron Horse in Tucson. The guys were great. I test rode a 1200S and bought one the same day. The test ride really sold me on the bike. Had I not ridden the bike I may not have bought one. Love the bike every time I get on it. Say Hi to John and Max if you stop by. They are great guys and deserve the business.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm probably going to have to wait until another year or so before I can get it. Looking forward to my first ride on it and finally the pleasures of ownership......Love the looks of the black and yellow........(excuse the drool).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts