BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the repair CD will run on a Mac? I know it is in JPEG format which the Mac can read, is there something else that prompts the words," use Windows based only"?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wasn't able to run it with Mac OS so I ran it under Virtual PC and I am very disappointed. It is hard to navigate and harder to get the images and photos enlarged enough to be very useful. The RS manual was great for me because it was simple to copy an image, resize it, and print. I kept several pictures in my toolbox. What I've been able to print from the new CD is crap. I am also unable to make a disc image to keep on the computer, which means I have to have the CD to use the program. Thanks BMW!.
If someone knows a better way please let me know.
Nash

·
Registered
100 Posts
lcgio said:
Guitarian,

What Mac operating system are you running?
I am running 10.4.3 on both computers. I tried the disc again today. I still can't get it to copy or make a disc image but I was able to navigate to the folders that have the jpg files.
In the BMW-Motorrad folder there are 3 folders named BILD, SYMB, and BILD-SW. There are folders within those that have the jpg files.

·
Registered
52 Posts
guitarian said:
I am running 10.4.3 on both computers. I tried the disc again today. I still can't get it to copy or make a disc image but I was able to navigate to the folders that have the jpg files.
In the BMW-Motorrad folder there are 3 folders named BILD, SYMB, and BILD-SW. There are folders within those that have the jpg files.
Nash,

Just bring your disc and Mac to me and we can use a REAL PC to read the disc and copy the files over the network. Yeah, when you need to get it done, bring it to a business PC, not an artsie fartsie Mac!!

Just kidding guys!! :D

I will respect the Mac in the morning!

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts