BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best way to replace the right side front parking bulb. I am an 18 stone beast with arms like popeye and I cannont get them in through the top to replace the right hand parking bulb. I tried going from underneath but that failed too
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I managed to replace it, but I'm 13 stone with small hands. And it was a tight squeeze, by feel, using the tips of my fingers. If you can, get a smaller mate to help. It's not difficult, but takes a bit of pressure to turn the holder. I can't think of any other way, short of disassembly, which is a PITA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for coming back to me, unless anyone else comes back to me with another alternative it'll stay out until I get a skinny armed friend lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got huge hands, but long bony fingers. Mine went out a month ago and I put it off because I was nervous that it would be a pain. My OCD got the best of me last weekend, and I got to it. it wasn't awful, but you'll need to do a lot by feel and looking at the bulb through the front lens. Bought a 2 pack of bulbs from Oreillys down the road too, so most big box auto stores should have them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
there's already a post about this...

I think its:

put it on the centre stand, drop the bars to lowest position or even loosen them a bit to give some slop... put on full lock and standing to the side of the bike reach in with hand / arm extended to the opposite side of the light unit to which you are standing...

when the procedure it correct its very simple... I had the bars off resting on a thick towel on the tank the other day, and the job then couldn't be easier (and that's only 6 bolts, 4 of which are the trim cover at the back)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts