BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to replace a fuel hose and saw the crank case vent hose is cracked!!!!!! in order to remove it I'll have to remove the airbox, fuel rail, throttle bodys and a lot of stuff. or maybe superglue the crack

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just replaced a cracked hose last week on my 2000 RS. After loosening the 4 clamps around the top of the throttle bodies ( and one screw on top) the airbox came off. Make yourself some room by cutting the tie wraps and push the wiring aside and I removed all the tubing and solenoid. ( Did a carbon cannisterectomy while I was in there ).
Loosen 4 more clamps at the bottom of the throttle bodies but ABOVE the fuel injecters.
The TB assembly came off then I removed the throttle cable and electrical connections.
The new hose assembly did not come with the 4 clamps on each TB, I simply used a tie wrap on each one. Just pay attention ( at least more than I did) to the orientation of the airbox and TB clamps.
Fuel injection assembly didn't have to be disturbed. And if your throttle return is extra stiff, go ahead and relax those springs while your there!
Re-assembley was straight forward, a little oil on the rubber intakes allowed the assemblies pop in. And remember to hook up the throttle cable! Oh yeah, you know I forgot it the first time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm wondering if the leak that I'm seeing isn't the same thing, but I don't know what the crankcase vent tube is exactly... Here is the post I put on i-bmw with some pics. Does anyone have any pictures/drawing/etc. that would help me identify this vent tube and if it might be my problem?

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=1109

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.