BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in Tucson. Want to replace my clutch line. It's original on my 2000 K12RS. Spiegler doesn't make them. I checked Dennis Kirk, no go. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
289 Posts
It is very hard to bleed all the air out of this line. Try filling from the bottom up with a pressure bleeder like a phoenix system. If you still can not get all the air out, tie your clutch lever to the grip over night. In the morning take the lid off the reservoir and work the lever while tapping on the side of the reservoir with a screwdriver handle. You will see small bubbles come up through the fluid. Work until firm. You may need to do this more than one night.
https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Systems-2104-B-Reverse-Bleeder/dp/B00GRV800S/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Phoenix+brake+bleeder&qid=1590628750&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFYQUgwODNQNVNPUDImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzNjY0OTgzUzhPWEczN1Y3TDVDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5MTQ4MjQxSEoyTFBNWlhQMU1VJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
(you can never use this for brake fluid once used for hydraulic mineral oil, and also the other way around)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dam $ 265.00 for a break line!
No clutch lines in house pre made or available as seen on their site. I’ve contacted them to confirm I’d need to take the bike apart and measure etc. we’ll se

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is very hard to bleed all the air out of this line. Try filling from the bottom up with a pressure bleeder like a phoenix system. If you still can not get all the air out, tie your clutch lever to the grip over night. In the morning take the lid off the reservoir and work the lever while tapping on the side of the reservoir with a screwdriver handle. You will see small bubbles come up through the fluid. Work until firm. You may need to do this more

than one night.
https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Systems-2104-B-Reverse-Bleeder/dp/B00GRV800S/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Phoenix+brake+bleeder&qid=1590628750&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFYQUgwODNQNVNPUDImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzNjY0OTgzUzhPWEczN1Y3TDVDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5MTQ4MjQxSEoyTFBNWlhQMU1VJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
(you can never use this for brake fluid once used for hydraulic mineral oil, and also the other way around)

Not sure what you are replying to!
I’m going to replace my clutch line.
I’m not trying to bleed them

·
Registered
419 Posts
You don’t seem to hear about the clutch line perishing, mind you, it’s relatively short and doesn’t carry the pressure brake lines carry. Clutch fluid is always very clean when I change it, and if I found any evidence of the brake line starting to degrade internally I’d do something about it. I thought about replacing it years ago only to match the new stainless brake line exiting the MC. Forgot about after a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dam $ 265.00 for a break line!
No clutch lines in house pre made or available as seen on their site. I’ve contacted them to confirm I’d need to take the bike apart and measure etc. we’ll se
That $265.00 price sounds like it's probably for the complete brake line kit. About a year or so ago I did some custom work to my K12 and had to have new lines made and if I remember correctly it was about $225.00. Yup, they're not cheap !

Ted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep I just looked at my Spiegler replacement cost for the break lines. $245.00. Better than running into a tree!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try searching for K1200LT. It's probably the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steel Beaded lines

Im in Tucson. Want to replace my clutch line. It's original on my 2000 K12RS. Spiegler doesn't make them. I checked Dennis Kirk, no go. Any other suggestions?
The factory clutch lines on these bikes are steel braded. Duh

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Never changed the clutch line on mine (looks like it's stock), and on taking a closer look, it appears to have some kind of braid inside...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts