BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 K1200GT and the brake wear light is showing up when started. The rear brakes are worn. The maintenance manual tells me that after replacing the pads you need to go into the computer and reset some value. Is this necessary and if it is how is it done? I also need to reset the service date and mileage. How is this done? Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I could be wrong, and cannot find the reference I think I once saw, but as to the brake wear indicator light staying on after a pad replacement, I seem to recall that it eventually shuts off after some amount of riding at some varying speeds, etc. If I can find the reference I'll post it here.

All that assumes the light came on because of actual wear opening the circuit on the brake wear contact at the pad, and not because of the common problem with having a pinched wire set off the warning light

As to the service date and miles, yeah, that takes a reset via GS911 or dealer supercomputer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
All I had to do on my 08 K 12 S after replacing a set or rear pads that had tripped the brake malfunction light was to disconnect the battery momentarily.

·
Registered
677 Posts
There you go, a procedure even I can do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts