BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know all these powercup racers dont use street shift patterns, so , where are they getting them? ive seen some pics with some funky shift levers and rods.

anyone have any idea who makes them?? heres some pics..u have to look close but u can see..

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
San Jose BMW has a Power Cup bike and it has the reverse shifter. I road the bike at Bonneville, big grin, Chris the owner can prolly set you up with a reverse shifter for the new K bikes. They do now have frame sliders, belly pans and all sourts of trick goodies for the K1200R of their own manufactur.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool....yah ill call them up...thanks

what was the cup bike like??

·
Registered
93 Posts
what was the cup bike like??

Fantastic, unbeliveable throttle response, we installed a full Remus at Bonneville and the first run thru the traps just before the wind came up was 166+ MPH. I went out on the salt and had a blast doing 140+ MPH power slides. Fantastic bike to ride.

The K1200R in the San Jose BMW booth at the show had the frame sliders, the belly pan and SJBMW's rear shock linkage identical to the Power Cups and a can from Remus that had just been flown in, in a suitcase for the San Jose KR bike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn, sounds like fun....
wish i had that kinda money to do all that stuff to MY bike..hehe

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after me and my buddy tinkering in the garage for awhile ..we came up with an idea...and converted it to race pattern without any real mods..took us about an hour to do and thats including going to the hardware store (and to get a feeder mouse for my snake).. ill post some pics when my cameras batteries charge up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok heres how it looks...if i have enough people intrested in reversing the pattern ill give a step by step. were already going through the processes of making our own seeing how there is some room for improvement (mostly in the look department).....* bike also has a cleaner, less clunky feel going into gears, i think we figured out alot of what causes the clunk* heres a pic of what it looks like..

Attachments

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
Powercup shifting..

CC71 said:
ok i know all these powercup racers dont use street shift patterns, so , where are they getting them? ive seen some pics with some funky shift levers and rods.

anyone have any idea who makes them?? heres some pics..u have to look close but u can see..
Howdy Chris,

The Powercup bikes use an autoshifter and can only make limited changes. Here is a copy from the "rule book".

3.1. Gear changer / gearshift kinematics​

In addition to the use of the entire gearshift mechanism, outside and inside, in standard condition, the following is also permitted to adapt the gear shift system to racing conditions:

Alteration of the gear lever to the opposite direction with respect to the standard gear shift by means of Gilles footrest and Tellert gearshift system.

The additional add-on parts must be bolted to existing mounting points, connector points etc. of the surrounding original parts. Welding to serial production parts is not permitted.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
duh!! guess i shoulda looked in the rule book..the one place i didnt look..thanks :bmw:

·
Registered
7 Posts
CC71 said:
ok heres how it looks...if i have enough people intrested in reversing the pattern ill give a step by step. were already going through the processes of making our own seeing how there is some room for improvement (mostly in the look department).....* bike also has a cleaner, less clunky feel going into gears, i think we figured out alot of what causes the clunk* heres a pic of what it looks like..

here is my version of the race shift pattern. I didn't want to drill into the shift lever so flipped the part that wraps around the splines and adjusted the shift rod.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we didnt do it like that, because i thought there might be a clearence problem...no problems??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts