BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if it is as easy as it looks to go back to the stock risers after having the Verholen risers?
The guy I bought my k12s from had the Verholens and I want to go back to stock. Looking at it, it looks very easy. Has anybody done this, or is it a dealer only job?

·
Registered
896 Posts
It's not a tough job. Might want to have a copy of the Verholen instrutions in order to answer any questions when doing the job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go to Pirates lair website and look up bar risers. There is a helpful note and picture. I installed my
own and I am not an experienced mechanic. I did have the brakes checked on the computer at the
dealer after the install--the owners manual makes a point of not tilting the break fluid cylinder. You will have to do this somewhat to get the job done. Also, you will have to figure out where to secure
the cables with tie wraps--the cables are significantly re-routed. Maybe take a look at another k12 beforehand to get and idea before you start.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Katiem300 said:
Are you interested in selling your Verholens? If so, how much do you want for them?

I think he put them in the classifieds area on this site. At least they were there a few weeks ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts