BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Ride Jan 29 or Feb. 05

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Ca03K12gt 
#1 ·
Hi

I am planning on setting up a ride again for the Southern California K1200RS riders. I have 2 sundays in mind: January 29 or February 05.

I already have 2 riders: FRank Truyen (RS) and Mark Odom (GT)

We would ride highway 94 from San Diego and then go through the desert to Julian. For people from Orange County we can ride back along Ortega Highway. We can set 2 meeting points one in Orange County along I5 and one in San Diego.

Let me know if inetrested and I will keep you posted.

Kris Debruyne

#2 ·
Change of date

Looks like there will be a change of date for this ride. We will organize it February 12 because February 05 is Superbowl Sunday and being a football fan myself, my focus will be on the tube in stead of the tarmac.

Let me know if you want to join

Kris Debruyne

3 riders so far

* Kris Debruyne (RS)
* Frank Truyen (RS)
* Mark Odom (GT)

#3 ·
Can't Wait for Feb 12!!

Looking forward to it Kris. Thanks for putting this together. Should be fun skirting the border then through the desert up to Julian. Maybe if we have time we can blast down to Borrego Springs and up Montezuma Grade before we head back home--nice twisties on that hill. Hope some San Diego riders join us.

Attached is a photo looking east from the grade last spring after all the rain. Never seen the Anza-Borrego Desert so green.

Attachments

#4 ·
I'm in

I'm be there!! I'll meet you guys at the ARCO station in Jamul, I think it is at the corner 94 and hillside. A good place to get some gas. I never thought ARCO took credit cards, but this on does.

The emails going around mention Feb 12... woo hoo!!

ONON-
Mark

#5 ·
More Info

ok more news guys:

first meetig point for the guys from orange county or LA county
06.00 am at diedrichs coffee in san juan capistrano, lets leave no later than 06.15 there.

We will setup asecond meeting point in the san diego area to have a coffee and donut or muffin around 07.30 am.

Kris

#6 ·
Rendevous at Starbucks?

How about we stop for a coffee etc at Starbucks on Hwy 94 at Jamacha Junction--2986 Jamacha Rd/Campo Rd junction. Goal would be to be fueled (fed, coffeed, gassed) and ready to roll by 7:45-8:00am? :ricky According to Conoco/Phillips/76 website, there is a gas station a block or two away (11906 CAMPO RD, SPRING VALLEY, CA 91978). Or we could roll down Campo Road and gas up at the Arco where Pathogen will be hanging out--hey Mark-why not meet us at Starbucks?

Attachments

#10 ·
Feb 12th it is

Sorry about the date mix and match. Feb 12 will be fine. I have to be back home by 1PM that afternoon, so I might have to skip lunch this time.

Yup, I should have my girl on the back again. Have no fear, I installed a set of Ohlins; hopefully, I won't grind all the corners this trip.

ONON-
Mark

#11 ·
fuel quick-disconnects

I was going to order some quick-disconnets for my fuel line. Is anyone interested in getting a set to replace the plastic ones that are prone to cracking. Hopefully, I can get these by our ride.

Here are the part numbers from Omega, you will need 2 sets:
FT-LCD220-06, $11.83 each
FT-LCD170-06, $19.21 each

ONON-
Mark

#13 ·
I'm getting excitied

I feel like a kid just a few days before christmas. Weather forecast show good signs. I'm glad it doesn't snow in this part of the world. Kris, I might be riding solo. My women's Mother is coming into town this weekend and she might not be able to make the trip. Can't say for sure, but she really wants to go, I'll probably find out sat if she can make it!

Awk, those connectors are on backorder, gotta wait three weeks! :scratch:

ONON-
Mark

#14 ·
Last reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Common K1200RS and GT riders. Looks like there are only a couple people who are actually riding on this forum, the other just peek at our plans and will not join.

Meeting Point 1: 06.00 AM: Diedrichs Coffee, San Juan Capistrano. This is just of the 5 freeway in front of the old mission. The coffee shop will be closed but we will meet in front of it. We will roll by 06.15 AM

Meeting Point 2: we hope we will be there by 07.15 but can be 07.30 AM. Starbucks coffee on hwy 94: junction Jamacha Rd/ Campo Rd. We will have a coffee and muffin there. Fuel up and hope to get rolling by 07.45 - 08.00 am

Route: hwy 94, all the way to the lookout tower, then freeway to Ocochillo, then S2 to Julian. We will stop for a quick bite in Julian. Then take 78 to 15 to Ortega highway and back home. You can join for 1 stretch of the route or complete it with us, whatever.

Hope to see some more riders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.