BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Was'nt sure if I should put this in "Ride Tales" post area, as it was only a short cruise)
50 degrees here in Upstate NY today, put on 75? miles or so. Came home and washed her up for tomorrow. Supposed to be 55 !!. And Mr. Bush says there is no such thing as
"Global warming", bullshit, he's an idiot.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Glad you got out! Watch out for 'black-ice'. Hey, Bush wants your opinion....as long as it is 'responsible'. Good luck defining that one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice red bike.

I just picked up my GT at Max BMW last week--used my pick up. Freaking cold 7 snowy, but very pretty area!

ride safe

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My post...

Just noticed, my member criteria has been changed from "Senior Member" to "Enthusiast".
What the hell is an "Enthusiast" ??. Because I make too many posts, or, because I love my Red Rocket?. Maybe it's supposed to be "Enthusiass" .

·
Registered
373 Posts
92 miles last Sunday at 45 degrees. 118 miles today, with a bath for her at the station house and lunch at an Irish pub and 57 degrees in CHICAGO!! :bowdown

Makes you feel sorry for those Southern riders. Who get no excitement out of a January ride. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
55 degrees is great riding weather! Here too in Northern Arizona we are experiencing warm temps and bone dry conditions. Tomorrow the wife and I are riding down through Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona for lunch. It's about a 60 mile round trip from home with great twisty bits. Riding in January in these conditions is a bit strange, but we will take it!
Ride Today - Flag GS

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey.......

FlagGS said:
55 degrees is great riding weather! Here too in Northern Arizona we are experiencing warm temps and bone dry conditions. Tomorrow the wife and I are riding down through Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona for lunch. It's about a 60 mile round trip from home with great twisty bits. Riding in January in these conditions is a bit strange, but we will take it!
Ride Today - Flag GS
Hey Mr. FlagGS.......Not sure if you go to Sedona a lot or not, but, is there still a bar there with a couple of pool tables, and a huge bear mounted standing behind a plate glass window??. I was there in the late? seventies. Stayed 2 weeks at a private residence, what a town!. Drank a whole bottle of Wild Turkey in that bar by myself (big guy).
Never left bed for two days, and, to this day get sick if I even smell that stuff. Jack Daniel's goes down like water.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Osprey, get a new digital camera or bump up the quality & flash. Your avatar is better quality than those attached pix. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Pics.....

UncleRemus said:
Osprey, get a new digital camera or bump up the quality & flash. Your avatar is better quality than those attached pix. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Just getting to know how to use my digital. It will improve. What's the matter?, you don't have any politicians to pick on down there?. I'm getting a complex, got to go take my meds.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's Too Frickin Hot For January

I rode my GT around Lake Travis in Austin, TX today. I started sweating. Still, it was great to get out just to keep her charged up. Tomorrow I go to North Texas for standby duty to respond to more wildfires should they occur. That is really a great looking part of Texas. The area I'm stationed at is SW of Fort Worth in Granbury. Y'all keep enjoying the unseasonable weather and hope for some rain. Adios, JCL

·
Registered
130 Posts
1200GTosprey said:
Hey Mr. FlagGS.......Not sure if you go to Sedona a lot or not, but, is there still a bar there with a couple of pool tables, and a huge bear mounted standing behind a plate glass window??. I was there in the late? seventies. Stayed 2 weeks at a private residence, what a town!. Drank a whole bottle of Wild Turkey in that bar by myself (big guy).
Never left bed for two days, and, to this day get sick if I even smell that stuff. Jack Daniel's goes down like water.
We ride to Sedona at least once a week. That bar you speak off I think was right downtown in old Sedona and it's no longer there. I can't remember the name. Sedona has changed a lot in the last 30 years. no longer a sleepy western town with local bars and little traffic. More people visit Sedona annually than the Grand Canyon. But it still has it's charm and the ride from Flagstaff through Oak CreeK Canyon never gets old, you just have to pass the cagers throught the sweepers.
It would be worth your while to make another trip out here soon.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey, even this Canadian was out today for a short ride!! Had to test my Rhinewest chip/cam sprockets mod! I posted the results in accessories forum. Spring cannot come soon enough...

·
Registered
53 Posts
1200GTosprey said:
Just getting to know how to use my digital. It will improve. What's the matter?, you don't have any politicians to pick on down there?. I'm getting a complex, got to go take my meds.
Good one--everyone's picking on Alito right now, but looks like he'll be confirmed without a big fight.

·
Registered
373 Posts
1200gt said:
I rode my GT around Lake Travis in Austin, TX today. I started sweating. Still, it was great to get out just to keep her charged up. Tomorrow I go to North Texas for standby duty to respond to more wildfires should they occur. That is really a great looking part of Texas. The area I'm stationed at is SW of Fort Worth in Granbury. Y'all keep enjoying the unseasonable weather and hope for some rain. Adios, JCL
:bowdown Good luck! I'll take a 5 alarm industrial fire over a wildfire anytime. To much work for me. Give me a hose over a shovel, any day.

Stay safe!

·
Registered
197 Posts
duh

1200GTosprey said:
And Mr. Bush says there is no such thing as
"Global warming", bullshit, he's an idiot.

Guess you dont pay much attention to the jet stream huh?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts