BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I had a little accident & are not riding as of now. Looking for ideas or people who have had acute finger trauma and are riding again - what gloves or handlebar modifications have you done so you can ride again. Clutch - left index - vibration is my issue now - just got out of a splint last wk. after 6 wks. after accident with log splitter
4 wheeling to rallies now - looking down the rd. as to what mods to do on glove or handlebar to deaden the vibration on the nerve / finger - I do have extra grip puppies to add to the handlebar Any help to get me out again would be great.
[email protected]

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I am not a medical guy, but these big K's produce a lot of vibration, some of which you may not feel even with ok fingers, but they are there and could still be dangerous in your healing situation. The front suspension can be hard and jarring sometimes to on poor roads. I think if I had a hand/finger problem my difficulty would be getting the bike up on the center stand. Wifey is still recovering 3 months after a bad ankle fracture and only just doing short car drives. We expect 6 months to complete her healing and physio. 6 weeks seems quite short. Healing times are quicker if you are young, longer if older.

I had some issues with one of my fingers and my doctor said most do not appreciate that hand surgery is very complicated to do and get good results. The only thing I can suggest is see what your doctor/consultant says because over here, if you are not 'signed off' as medically fit to drive, your vehicle insurance could be void.

It might seem a big sacrifice and a come down, but if it was me wanting the best healing outcome I might buy and ride a cheap automatic scooter until I had good results from the medics.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I cracked my left ring finger in half in a freak accident with a car door. After about the 6 week mark, I made some copper pipe splint and shoved it into a oversized leather glove. Had to split the pipe lengthwise with a hacksaw and pinch it into a long taper in a vise. Lots of talcum powder and wrapped with tissue too to keep sweat down. Taped to hold it in place too. Worked the clutch with three fingers. Doc wanted to do a bone graft, but I passed on that $30K episode. Old bones get brittle like toast.

Good luck as it does take a long time to heal and the idea is to not stress it. Even after a year it still bothers me a bit on the clutch as the break area sort of hangs on clutchng the thing.

Mack

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had my index finger nearly popped off in an lead rope accident couple years back and it's bent to the point where I have to be careful when I give people the peace sign. I've had no problems with it other then the tips of my fingers get numb. The other three are perfectly fine fillin in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts