BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have my 07 in for the clutch ,and i've only had the bike for a month and i am very pleased with the gt all the way around the spectrum,well they were going to give me a k1300s for a loaner ,i was like hell ya ,well the bike had a nail in the rear tire so that was a no no then they said you can take one of the police rt's they use as rental's and i was like no thanks ,ugly pos's so then the sale's guy went into the warehouse and grabbed the 2011 demo 1200rt so i said i'll try that .This time around i wanted a k bike ,i did'nt want the sewing machine again ,in fact this loaner bike had a few item's going on very simular to my 04 r1150r that reminded me of the boxer and why i chose the "k bike like when you blurp it sometime's and get a tick instead of a blurb..lol but!!!!! i was very impressed with the comfyness of this bike ,it is lighter and a tad more nimble for sure and i am very glad i did not test drive this bike along with my gt or i would of had one hell of a hard time making a decision..... :boom:

·
Registered
459 Posts
warning, alert, do not ride the K1300S! :teeth

it will be....decision over!

I wanted so bad to walk out with a new or a real nice used K1300GT at the dealer when I traded my K12S in. I really was trying to be more practical, honest.

It took me about 2 hours pacing the showroom to decide to go with the 2011 K13S because I was riding solo most of the time. And I luv the KS the most :)

Now of coure, the SO is talking about 2up riding again. Once she went on the K12S for a 30 mile ride, never again so 2up on the K13S is outta the question.

I may trade it in once I'm back to AZ for a 1600, we sat on the GTL in scottsdale. Much easier than managing the LT, even though we only sat on it. I don't need to drive it after 135K miles on my 02 LTC (RIP).

I'd never buy a 2up touring machine if I wasn't riding 2up, the KS is always my 'natural' preference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts