BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
2010 BMW k1300s
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious what every one is on? If there is another thread point me there.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

2010 bought with 17k miles in 2019.
Currently sitting with 32.5k ;)
Only repairs so far..
Both BMW emblems
Fuel tank quick connect (changed to metal)
Clutch reservoir (my rizoma gasket died)
And a clutch - Thanks to Kbike fourm (I know it's a wear item but it's like in the middle cause of the 1 time use tools/parts)

I've been thru 3 maybe 4 sets of tires in 17k miles which I feel is pretty decent being a daily driver.

I really only have 2 complaints about this bike and both I've come to just accept as her "flaws".
The clutch bite point is so close to the lever not being pulled I'm so scared it's not complete disengaging however no slipping even under hard throttle. And the intermitten stalling like it's choking it's self out of air when I'm coasting to a light. I've learned to combat it by "burping" the throttle or youe typically harley guy Rev as I'm coasting in.

· Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,553 Posts
Nice bike. There are many threads on this slow speed stall issue. Most end with either the installation of one of two fuel mixture trick devices. Many times it is a gummy idle air valve.
If you read this series of posts you will be enlightened.

· Premium Member
708 Posts
2008 k12R. I know this is the ‘S’ section but I just wanted to put a positive spin on k bike ownership. Owned since new. 72k miles. Had the clutch done by John Sykes in the uk at 62k miles but other than that and consumables I’ve only had to replace the thermostat. I also added an AF-XIED which did good things for the low speed fuelling and a bearing kit to replace the plastic bushes in the shift lever. I was gifted a set of Wilbers shocks which replaced the ESA set. The extra length of the Wilbers quicker up the steering nicely. Both ESA shocks were still working at the time but now sit on a shelf in the garage. I’ve said it many times that I like the bike so much that I don’t want to replace it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts