BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,565 Posts
Nice bike. There are many threads on this slow speed stall issue. Most end with either the installation of one of two fuel mixture trick devices. Many times it is a gummy idle air valve.
If you read this series of posts you will be enlightened.

· Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,565 Posts
Spoke, nice bike!! Just like my old K12 that messed with a deer. The Remus hex exhaust you have is superior stuff, don't loose it. No longer available. Looking as hard as I can I don't see the restrictor in place in the end. I don't know if they can be ordered from Remus but possibly. It does take it down to very quiet but reduces the HP that the open unit offers. I did a dyno run on my K13 with out the restrictor and gained 3.5 rear wheel hp over the stock rocket ship. Keep in mine every 7 pounds off the bike or load is equal to 1 added HP in performance. You will get used to it and it is not so loud as to be nasty. Though it sings well at 8500 rpm and rising. When I first got my Remus I drilled a series of 1/4" holes in the restrictor around the outlet center pipe. This added to increased flow, but I said what the heck and took it out. It is on the shelf. Put the retainer screw back in the hole to save it and make it look normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts