BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the fuel rail off my 85 k100 and found some rust in it. It is not so bad as to eat through the metal but enough to worry about getting into the injectors. Some rust is around the connectors to the injectors which might be blocked off by the o-rings but there is also spot rust inside the rail. Is there any cure for this? If I could stop the rust it would be enough. Or should it be replaced? A new rail is about $85.

thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I thought that was odd when I first read it, but then I had a Harley tank rust through and leak too. I did play once with that Kreem coating stuff, but I don't think it would apply well to the rail itself. Actually, it peeled loose inside the tank at some point and looked like someone stuffed a white baggie in the tank.

I'd vote for replacing the rail since it is under pressure and wouldn't dribble as my Harley tank did if it did blow through. That coating stuff is expensive enough as it is to play around with. I don't know if you could get by on the generic auto H.P. injector rubber fuel lines as you need the fittings on the end?

Mack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts