BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

S1000RR break in bulletin

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  GMack 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
I first read about the "problems" of RR's not reving to redline on the zx-10r board with people piling on about how the bike sucks already. Then I saw that service bulletin on Shiva's site a couple days ago. Posted only the link on the 10 board with no comments and people were claiming it was a fake.

I understand BMW does that rev limit thing with the M cars too.

IMO, a little too much big brother.

#3 ·
whattha--they won't give me my bike(S1000RR)

I don't believe it. I paid my deposit, waited months to get this supposed great bike. Paid the balance ,and when I went to pick it up last Saturday (in Australia) was told I couldn't have it. They were keeping it to re-map due to problems with the bikes being run in. What an inconvenience! They did offer the first service free, but this is very unimpressive. Are BMW that paranoid? Is this the way they treat their customers? Lift your game boys.
One miserable BMW owner

#5 ·
makes sense

This bulletin makes sense, obviously earlier S1000rr's did not have ECU programmed for 9000 rpm max hence the need for the dealer to do it.
Why? for owners who do not have the understanding, common sense or caring to take care of their "new" bike. This is not new: manufactures like to protect their new machines reputation, warranty costs and minimize bitching on news groups... I have seen this type of protective measure on other brand motorcycles, cars and snowmobiles. Enjoy this great bike!!
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.