BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

S1000RR Radar Mount: Tester Wanted

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tonytsai0429 
#1 ·
I get approached by a lot of vendors and/or individuals who have products they think our customers might like.. My standards are pretty high (as are our customers) and I see a lot of crap... but now and then I see something that might be worthy..

Got this S1000RR Radar Detector Mount kit last week and I need a tester for it. Design is a cut above. Quality looks first rate. Price is reasonable.. I think retail is around $110. I can probably provide install instructions upon request. Looks like you could use virtually any radar detector with the mount. I'm furnishing velcro.

Looks like a straightforward install. Well written instructions are included. He says that once the detector is installed gauges are NOT obstructed, but I want a second opinion on that before I agree to carry them.

Basically.. I just need an S1000RR owner to install it... with a radar detector stuck to the top.. then ride with it a few miles then let me know what they think. Yea or Nay... Pics would be nice. Pics of it with some scantily clad women holding it near their breasts would be nicer.. Just sayin.' If the tester decides they want to keep the kit they can have it at my cost..

Here's some info the manufacturer provided...
•The YCC-PLM features a generous 2.5 x 3.5 inch platform to allow the mounting of any typical accessory using your choice of hook & loop attachment (3-M�s Dual Lock product is highly recommended)
•Designed with solid modeling, CNC machined aluminum, black anodize finish, stainless steel fasteners
•Spanner mounting to front of triple tree using existing threaded holes so as not to clutter the triple tree and ignition area
•Low profile vertical stem between spanner and platform (PLM)
•Brake reservoir is moved slightly toward the right to allow maximum key clearance for left-hand starting like a Porsche 911
•Set as low and far forward as possible while still allowing gage view and for a radar detector to see over the shift light
•Fixed clamp/platform position at 3� decline angle for best detection to help pick up radar "bounce" from pavement
Anyone that lives in a state NOT covered in snow interested in being my tester?? PM me.. I'll ship it out same day at no charge.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.