BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dean and I were just reviewing our '06 riding season. We had such a great summer on our bikes, and met so many fine folks in the BMW (and riding in general) community. We rode our bikes through 20 states and crossed the border into Mexico, which is a new record for us!
Sorry to see winter approaching. So, cheers to all of you and thanks for the memories!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
My Best to You Both

Enjoyed the time we shared and I hope for many more times in the future.
Arkansas in less than 2 weeks....if y'all like

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Fall, schmall. You can ride year round in Denver... Just have to stick to lower altitudes, like Perry Park road and Riverdale road. I recall riding the Pine Valley Highway (67) on December 31st last year.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My favorite time of the year to ride!

I live in Chicago and road my bike every month since getting last October.

5 times in Feb. alone!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Global Warmning

Is a good thing. Isn't that how Martha would say it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rhhall said:
Fall, schmall. You can ride year round in Denver... Just have to stick to lower altitudes, like Perry Park road and Riverdale road. I recall riding the Pine Valley Highway (67) on December 31st last year.
Good thoughts DebS. Hopefully you'll still be riding plenty cause some great winter riding is just ahead.

And hope you are well Rich.

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Hi Steve!! I'm doing very well. Hope you are too. I've doing some riding, its great here, but sadly I have misplaced my camera and have not taken any photos this year :( If I get the camera replaced, you can look forward to seeing some photos of awesome scenery! The roads here are incredible, a little more technical, and have less run-off than what we've ridden in Colorado. The risk is higher, but so is the fun factor!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rhhall said:

Ok, so maybe I'm waxing poetic here, but summer is definitely more fun - no sand in the roads and our good friends come from other states to ride/eat/drink/repeat with us!
Hmm, who would that be??? ;)
The long trips are out though, until next spring, too many weather variables. BTW, Hwy 67 ( a very fun ride!) is GONE - washed out this summer by rains. Like those poor people up there haven't had enough trouble, with the Hayman fire and now washed out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rhhall said:
Hi Steve!! I'm doing very well. Hope you are too. I've doing some riding, its great here, but sadly I have misplaced my camera and have not taken any photos this year :( If I get the camera replaced, you can look forward to seeing some photos of awesome scenery! The roads here are incredible, a little more technical, and have less run-off than what we've ridden in Colorado. The risk is higher, but so is the fun factor!
I knew you'd write works like the above. You're supposed to note... "Nice riding here, but nothing like CO". Now, I need to explore the Sierra's one of these days. Thanks a lot. And either find or get the camera replaced!

·
Registered
373 Posts
BSBG said:
Same here. Crisp air, and fewer tourists after the foliage is gone.

I agree, took a 4 hour ride with the wife to lower Michigan today. Not quite peak, but getting there. Went to the "resort" town for a last lunch before the restaurant close's for the season. Wore all my gear in comfort and had twisty deserted roads. I love it!

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
sfarson said:
I knew you'd write works like the above. You're supposed to note... "Nice riding here, but nothing like CO". Now, I need to explore the Sierra's one of these days. Thanks a lot. And either find or get the camera replaced!
I've met with Rich a couple of times for lunch, but from the Bay Area. While the ride is nice, Rich has the better roads to the lunch spot...
89, 88, 4, 120, 108, just to rattle off a few. Need one more lunch before the passes get closed for the winter.

And, while I've not ridden any Colorado roads, if you get out this way, you'll have to get on highway 36 between Red Bluff and Fortuna. It's the kind of road that has the squiggly arrow (for twisty roads) and the little sign below that says "140 Miles".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
5,163 Posts
cruizbz said:
I agree, took a 4 hour ride with the wife to lower Michigan today. Not quite peak, but getting there. Went to the "resort" town for a last lunch before the restaurant close's for the season. Wore all my gear in comfort and had twisty deserted roads. I love it!
Which "resort" town? Just curious, as I'm considering a trip to Michigan next summer (yeah, tourist capital of the world). Family (all but my daughters) are living somewhere around Flint, so I was curious...

Please don't tell me it was Frankinmuth (spelling is waaay off).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
DebS said:
Ok, so maybe I'm waxing poetic here, but summer is definitely more fun - no sand in the roads and our good friends come from other states to ride/eat/drink/repeat with us!
Hmm, who would that be??? ;)
The long trips are out though, until next spring, too many weather variables. BTW, Hwy 67 ( a very fun ride!) is GONE - washed out this summer by rains. Like those poor people up there haven't had enough trouble, with the Hayman fire and now washed out.
Pine Valley Highway washed out?!!! Say it ain't so!!! Oh that hurts.

Yep, the long distance stuff is almost over (although I've got one more ride out to Fort Bragg in a couple weeks planned). Ya know, that "good friends come from other states..." quote works both ways, dontchya!

I'm already looking forward to Paonio next year. Probably will do Red River again also. Maybe we can get a CCR out in Tahoe some year...

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Razel said:
I've met with Rich a couple of times for lunch, but from the Bay Area. While the ride is nice, Rich has the better roads to the lunch spot...
89, 88, 4, 120, 108, just to rattle off a few. Need one more lunch before the passes get closed for the winter.

And, while I've not ridden any Colorado roads, if you get out this way, you'll have to get on highway 36 between Red Bluff and Fortuna. It's the kind of road that has the squiggly arrow (for twisty roads) and the little sign below that says "140 Miles".
Yep, need one more lunch ride, soon! I never received the pictures you took. Could you resend to me?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Razel said:
Which "resort" town? Just curious, as I'm considering a trip to Michigan next summer (yeah, tourist capital of the world). Family (all but my daughters) are living somewhere around Flint, so I was curious...

Please don't tell me it was Frankinmuth (spelling is waaay off).
Saugatauk. Lot's of art galleries, speciality shops, and resturants. Big boat ppulation in the summer. Also, has a great lakes steamer turned into a museum. The whole coast is full of towns like that South haven, Holland (Yep, wind mills & tulips & wooden shoes)

While it is NOT California there is few OK wineries and you can pick up a wine tasting tour map with some great back roads.

·
5,163 Posts
rhhall said:
I never received the pictures you took. Could you resend to me?
That probably would be because the sender didn't resize them down to where the email system at one end or the other would accept them. I'll try again...would've posted them here, but you need to tell me first if Lisa would be happy with them :teeth

Edit: Or the sender put in the wrong destination address and the actual recipient is :wtf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts