BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second bike I have seen with some kind of small strobe light mounted low, left and right. They seem to flash alternately and not super-fast, but every 3 seconds or so. GREAT attention getter. I immediately noticed them in my rearview of my cage (this time it was at dusk with the dreaded blinding level California sun. Really a good safety item. Probably illegal, but I don't care. If you can get through the rush hour traffic and be seen...whatever. Anybody seen this or have any info? Thanks.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I fitted something similar to my Kawa a few years ago, when I was doing a lot of commute and weaving between stationary lanes (legal here). The light isn't legal though.

I just went and bought a small 12 volt white burglar alarm strobe, no more than 10 watts input I think. Yes the cages all moved over and they definitely saw me. It was some while after I realised my blue front plastic was reflecting blue, so that was part of the reason!

Word of warning: Even a puny 5-10 watt strobe is awesome at night and will be seen for miles. I only used mine in daylight with prudence.

Here's another trick if you need to stay legal: Over here you can 'wear' lights but anything fixed to the vehicle must conform. I've got an led cycle rear that clips to the top of my jacket near the neck line, that can be set to flash, play tunes or whatever. Although a lot brighter, a pair of small xenon strobes velcroed to your arms would be legal here and quite visible. I say small, because I think you'd only need a couple of watts each to look like a Christmas tree! What matters is you are sensible about being seen, whilst not irritating the driver in front, so I think you need both daylight and night time brightness control.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, Vox. Good ideas. I have the Kisan modulator. They don't make this other item I tried to describe,but thank you for the help. If anyone else knows something, would appreciate info. I will let you all know if I ever catch one of these hoodlums around here that have it on their bikes. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts