BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a Sargent seat and rear storage pod for my K1300s HP, but I have a couple of questions:

1. How much harder is it to swing your leg over it to get on and off?
I had a Ducati ST3S with a Corbin Smuggler, and the Smuggler plus the wonky Ducati side stand made getting on and off the bike an uncomfortable proposition.

2. Does anyone with an HP have one of these that was painted to match? If so, could you please post a picture?
3. Just how tall is the rear storage pod at its highest point?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pod

Thinking of getting a Sargent seat and rear storage pod for my K1300s HP, but I have a couple of questions:

1. How much harder is it to swing your leg over it to get on and off?
I had a Ducati ST3S with a Corbin Smuggler, and the Smuggler plus the wonky Ducati side stand made getting on and off the bike an uncomfortable proposition.

2. Does anyone with an HP have one of these that was painted to match? If so, could you please post a picture?
3. Just how tall is the rear storage pod at its highest point?
How tall are you? I’m 5’9 and I don’t have an issue....

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sadly, the seat that had been mentioned had been sold. The seller forgot to take the ad down. Appreciate the inputs on getting over the pod. I bought a new seat and pod with free shipping and a 10% military discount. Looking forward to Spring.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I couldn’t wait for Spring!

I flat love this thing. Much easier to get on and off than a Corbin Smuggler. The seat is firm, but doesn’t feel like it’s giving you a prostate exam like the Corbin does. Also, it’s much lighter than the Corbin, and my crotch and fuel tank are no longer best buddies. Thanks for all the input. I’m getting one for my R1200RS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts