BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are coming out with a seat for our bike in the spring - I added my name to the list
at their website.

I have heard good things about them - I like the fact that they use lightweight bases.

Has anyone ever owned one of their seats and if so, how did you like it?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I got one on my '04KRS, excellent seat for the price. I got it through www.partmonster.com
Its a mail order house based in the east. I paid about $100.00 under list. I have no affiliation with these people. I don't know what their business relationship is with Sargent or if they just get parts in damaged cartons(as was mine and other buyers) or what.
Bruce C

·
Registered
236 Posts
Put about 28K on a Sargent on my RT. Looks great and still like new. No foam breakdown. It is a lot lighter than the stock seat and (at least on this seat) they have a storage tube to put whatever in it. I'd buy another if needed. But, for the first time, I like the seat on the S. Seems BMW may finally be getting the picture about what is needed for American arsses :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
have one on the rockster, i would buy another for sure...

·
Registered
407 Posts
sportrider said:
They are coming out with a seat for our bike in the spring - I added my name to the list
at their website.

I have heard good things about them - I like the fact that they use lightweight bases.

Has anyone ever owned one of their seats and if so, how did you like it?
Have owned a couple of Sargent seats. Probably my favorite aftermarket seat -- high quality, good comfort, light weight. Only slight negative for me, is they tend to give more room to the pillion versus rider versus Corbin having the opposite. For my height (tall) I have less room to scoot back on. Still, the pos outweigh this neg.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Back in the day, before Sargent came out with a ready
made seat for the K12RS, I sent them my stock pan to
get re-foamed and re-covered.

I got the Atomic foam in the front half to support my
heavy duty ass, and left the passenger half stock to
support the wife or kid.

I've got well over fifty thousand miles of service, in all kinds
of weather ( under an increasingly large load ) on the saddle.

It shows NO wear, No breakdown of the foam or the comfort levels.

I like that saddle re-do so much that I sent the seat from my boy-kid's
Ninja 500 to them to get re-done for Christmas. It should be back to me
tomorrow.

tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts