BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I switched over after riding to the spokane rally from the stock seat. world of difference for the 2000 mile return trip. hope this helps

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
I had Sargent re-do the seat on my '98, somewhere around the 25 or 30K miles mark.

I've got 70-some K on the bike now. The seat still looks new, it's comfortable.

I like it so much, I sent the seat off of my kidz Ninja 500 to get recoverd by them.

Sargent does VERY NICE work, highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I bought a Sargent seat for my "04 KRS. All pro, no con.
With the stock seat, I was hurting in 300mi. With the Sargent, I did 975 with no problem.
It has a larger storage compartment than the stock seat also.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have over 50k miles on mine. Still looks great and very comfortable. Best add-on yet!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another happy customer. This is my first non-Corbin aftermarket seat and I am in love. I was concerned about it's softness as compared to both Corbin and the stock seat, but a few hundred miles have changed my mind. I would have never tried it, but the Corbin eliminated the high seat position and that was a deal-breaker for me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dont have the RS but do have the GT. I switched to a Sargent about 1 1/2 years ago. It is fantastic. Great customer service, extremely comfortable and holds you tight. No regrets here.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Different butts, different results.

The Sargent felt no better than the OEM saddle.
I use a Corbin for long distance rides. Much better feel for my butt.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've got one on my 03 RS.
Love it.
Much more comfy than the stocker.
And looks much more better too. : )
Lenny

·
Registered
15 Posts
Slanted Forward

I rode my 2004 RS with the stock seat for several thousand miles. For the last 5,000 miles I have ridden with the Sargent seat. The Sargent is wider with denser foam and is a big improvement over the stock seat for long distance riding. The seat is slanted a little too far forward as I find myself having to slide my butt back every 15 minutes or so. I will probably switch back to the standard seat and send the Sargent back to be leveled off if its' not too expensive.

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
"Denser foam"..so you mean that it is more firm than the stock seat? Is the Sargent harder or softer than stock. Can you move around on it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Billa

The Sargent is firmer than the stock RS seat. It is also wider and heavier.

Don't be scared of firmer. Firmer is better, specially after a couple of hours. The softer seat seems better when you try them back to back in the driveway. The firmer seat will be much better after 150 miles at the first gas stop. It will have much better support over a larger area after hours of sitting on it. Another of way to say it is that the firmer seat will have better support after hours of compression.

I think the shape of the firmer seat will be the important factor for preference. The Sargent seat if flat and it's easy to move around, the ergos of the RS tend to push me toward the gas tank and I find myself pushing to slide back on the seat.

I understand the Corbin seat is also firm, but it has a different shape than the Sargent. I have not seen nor tried a Corbin seat for the RS.

Ron

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also have the Sargent and love it. Sargent uses Temperfoam in the seat so it feels firm when you first sit on it but it contours to your butt after a few minutes and gives you total support with no high spots. Don

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
I installed a Sargent Seat on my wife's 2002 RS. She liked it. Made the long rides much more comfortable. My wife rode the RS a lot (when we'd travel and I was riding the LT) and she liked the seat much more than the stock seat. I liked it when I took it out as well. It fit me better than the stock seat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i tried a sargent and its not much better than stock, they fool you with the pretty piping and bmw colored label. for the money i paid it isnt even in the same ballpark as a corbin, maybe thats why corbin has been around for so long. yes corbin seats are heavier, but its all in the pan, the heavy duty pan is where you get the support, combined with their comfort cell foam you get no pressure points in your rearend. so if you have to have your cute little map pocket and get a half comfortable seat buy a sargent. if you want a tough heavy duty seat that will never hurt you get a corbin. sorry if i offended anyone! its just my opinion!

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
It's interesting that you punctuate, but don't capitalize.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sargent Saddle

Great seat... All pros no cons... I had a Corbin for my last bike, mostly cons... I love this Sargent, I can move around on it well and there is plenty of support if you intend to do any distance. I have not put any long days on it yet, but I am certain it will perform well. It is heads and shoulders above the stock saddle and I have put a few 500+ and 1000+ mi rides on it.

Enjoy! :tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a Sargeant seat mostly because I have several buddies with RS's and I found one new at a great deal. I figured one of us would need it. Well, no one is getting that seat from me now, I love it. I did 500 mile days with the stock seat and really didn't think I needed an aftermarket seat. I was wrong. This seat is better supporting, easier to move around on and more comfortable in general. It is also a major upgrade for the pillion.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Seat

Morganthaw said:
Anybody have experience with a Sargent custom seat on a RS, both pro and con?
Hey Morganthaw,
I have no experience with a Sargent, or a Corbin. If you're after a replacement seat, I can make a suggestion that is neither company. I don't want to be off-topic from your original question, as far as Sargent seats go. I'll post with your permission.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts