BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving Lakewood Saturday in the A.M. to ride up to Monterey for a bowl of Calm Chowder. New Metzler on the front for the rain and a new rain suit to stay dry. Back to Los Angeles on Sunday. Should be wet but fun. WooooHooooo. 700 miles roundtrip

·
Registered
143 Posts
Blkvelvt said:
Leaving Lakewood Saturday in the A.M. to ride up to Monterey for a bowl of Calm Chowder. New Metzler on the front for the rain and a new rain suit to stay dry. Back to Los Angeles on Sunday. Should be wet but fun. WooooHooooo. 700 miles roundtrip
Blkvelvt-
If you wait a month, there's a bunch of us doing a Lighthouse Tour that will end up end in Monterey on Sat and return on Sunday next month on the weekend of the 25th. It'll be a mixture or RT's and KRS's. Your welcome to join us if you want.
www.BMWSporttouring.com under Ride Planning.

If you want to do just alittle ride in the rain this weekend you might have fun joining Gary Eagen for a talk and ride up to Ojai & visit Guy Webster's collection of Italian Race Bikes from Santa Barbara on Sunday.
www.proitalia.com.

Either way have a safe fun ride out there, bring your rain gear with you. Your going to need it this weekend.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jerry for the invite. Next weekend is booked with a trip to Henderson, Nevada. I got my room reserved and everything is set. The weather just makes it more fun. It's better to plan for the rain than get surprised by the rain. I'm ready.....................

·
Registered
828 Posts
trip response

How was the trip? Sorry I missed the trip, but I was in vegas!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a great ride. Cold, cold, cold. Missed most of the rain and hail and snow. The picture here is about 50 miles south of Monterey on Pacific Coast Highway going south on Sunday about 1:30 in the afternoon. Snow level was down to probably 1000 feet and right up to the coast. This is the first time I've seen the white frozen stuff on these hills. What a beautiful day to ride. The air was so cold and clear, it was like a drug. I couldn't get enough of it. If you look at my friend's Goldwing, you'll see the left mirror missing. A short late night offroad detour from the pavement was enough to retire for the night. We ate Chinese food and took off home in the morning. Missed my bowl of clam chowder. He didn't get hurt except for a bruised ego. Looks like I'm going back up in a few weeks and do it again. This is what riding is all about.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Stephejl said:
I did that trip from Carlsbad in Nov. I had beautiful weather. Enjoy!! ---Jerry
Hey, that place looks familiar. I took this shot in July '04 enroute to Laguna Seca. I've ridden the full length of Hwy 1 several times. It is undoubtedly one of the best motorcycle roads in the world.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kneedragger said:
Hey, that place looks familiar. I took this shot in July '04 enroute to Laguna Seca. I've ridden the full length of Hwy 1 several times. It is undoubtedly one of the best motorcycle roads in the world.
Hey, pretty cool to have the same photo. I've driven the road at least a dozen times but this was the first time I'd ridden it (I started riding about 18 months ago). --Jerry

·
Registered
264 Posts
Blkvelvt said:
What a great ride. ... Snow level was down to probably 1000 feet and right up to the coast. This is the first time I've seen the white frozen stuff on these hills. What a beautiful day to ride. The air was so cold and clear, it was like a drug.
Wow. That looks beautiful. I've never been there when the air was that clear. I'll have to try a winter ride myself. Let me know when you go again and I'll try to join you. Thanks for posting the pic. --Jerry

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll post sooner next time. I hope to do it again in a month or two. Saturday up the coast, dinner with a nice glass of wine and home on Sunday. Perfect long weekend ride........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts