BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get everyone to input their favorite service dealers across the country? Before we travel, we could pull up the info on those kind folks that we would most love to limp in to when we are away from home and need some repairs. Kinda like our own Good Housekeeping seal of approval? I dunno, it would be nice to roll in some strange shop and say: K-Bikes.Com sent me. Don't know how hard that woud be to make a searchable database as I am a computer moron. Just a crazy thought. Cheers.

My dealer by the way is Irv Seaver in Orange CA. Chris is the service dude and they have been great to me.

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
BMW North America has the searchable data base. I guess everyone could reply to this thread with their favorite dealer and we could compile a list.
My submissions would be:

Razee Motorcycle Center
730 Tower Hill Rd. - U.S. 1
North Kingstown, RI 02852

Max BMW Motorcycles
209 Lafayette Rd.
North Hampton, NH 03862

BMW Dealer Search:

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/zipDealerLocator/index.jsp

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rickd, good idea.

As I said, mine is:

Irv Seaver
607 West Katella
Orange CA
714-532-3700

servive mangager: Chris Dyer

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
O.K. for everyone who would like to recommend your favorite dealer, reply to this thread with the dealer's name, city & state, and I will compile a list and put them in a sticky thread at the top of this forum.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
rickd said:
dealer's name, city & state
El Jeffe's Approved List of Dealers.

BMW of North Dallas - Plano, TX (George and Ken are worth their weight in gold as mechanics)

Lone Star BMW - Austin, TX (Denise has everything, and if she doesn't, she can drop ship it to you from her suppliers)

Rhine West Performance - San Antonio, TX (not an official BMW dealer, but Hank is a magician)

BMW of San Jose - San Jose, CA (Chris is an artist when it comes to BMW performance)

Mac's Cycles - Clarkston, WA (Helped me out in the middle of a 7,000 mile trip and WASHED THE FRIGGIN BIKE WHEN THEY WERE DONE!!!)

Big Sky BMW - Missoula, MT (dropped everything they were doing to get me in to reset my ABS when it was misbehaving - and didn't charge me for it)

BMW of Salt Lake City - Salt Lake City, UT (brought their entire service staff to the Curve Cowboy Reunion - LT rally - and offered to fix my bike and trailer it to Salt Lake and back at no extra charge since they didn't have the tools with them to fix a rear main seal leak and replace a clutch in the parking lot at Jackson Lake Lodge)

I've got a longer list of dealers I wouldn't let touch my bike or do business with period. But we won't go into that here.

·
Registered
764 Posts
rickd said:
O.K. for everyone who would like to recommend your favorite dealer, reply to this thread with the dealer's name, city & state, and I will compile a list and put them in a sticky thread at the top of this forum.
Max BMW gets a good mark from me - but for the NY store (north of Albany, little north of Troy) - haven't been to the NH location. The tech staff as well as Max himself and his brother (operates the NY shop) are 1st class. So far I haven't heard one complaint - there must be some, but I don't know about them yet. I do know a lot of other satisfied folk - including a friend whose bike crapped out after service by another dealer a few weeks ago - Tony at Max's put it right and made sure all was covered by warranty including 75 mile tow. Max himself sponsors lots of rider activities - weekend rides, events at the stores and track days.

Hermy's in PA did me good after a Bambi attack. (Hooved rat made the wrong choice attacking a K12RS. Wife watched from her bike while I cut through the beast and kept trucking down the road. Bike stability - not rider ability.) Bike was rideable and Hermy's was the closest dealer. When we got there, they immediately examined the bike, helped me get the ins adjuster in to approve repairs, ordered parts and started the work. My wife and I were treated very well - they let us use any demo bike in the shop while they worked. Within 2 days they had the $5k of repairs done, arranged for the ins to pay them directly (I put the deductible on a card.) and we were back on the road. That's my only experience, but was a good one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
long beach bmw motorcyles

add bmw long beach long beach,ca gina in sales,bruce and gary plus the service techs are all great.VERY GOOD service at the right price.parts guys are the best !

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rickd said:
Hey Rickd,

You Da Man for taking this on. Many thanks. Is there a way to direct folks where to post there favorites when they visit the sticky? Seems like you can't do it directly from there cause it is closed. Might help. Jest meddling again. Cheers. Fastjohnny.

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
They can post their favorites in this thread or start a new thread with their comments. I want to keep that thread closed, so it will remain tidy.
And... your welcome. :)

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
Already there Ray. I listed it under its proper name, California BMW Triumph Motorcycles. ;)
I went through all the threads in this forum and listed all of them mentioned, with links to the threads.

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
If anyone wants to give props to their dealer, please start a new thread in this forum if the dealer hasn't been listed yet. That way I can link your thread to the list. If there is a thread with the dealer listed already, reply to that thread and your comments will be linked back to the list. Have a nice day. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
BMW Dealer

Rainbow Motorcycles,
Alma Road,
Rotherham,
S60 2HZ,
England,
United Kingdom,
+441709 835917

Top dealer for sales, service, acessories and generally top everything. People ride hundreds of miles to deal with them

·
Registered
40 Posts
rickd said:
Diablo Kawasaki/BMW
Owner - Wayne Cokeley
email: [email protected]
1255 Parkside Drive
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 938-8373
T,W,F,S 9-6; Th 9-8; S,M closed

Wayne is absolutely outstanding. We did the deal for my K1200R over the phone. Gave me the price and everything else I wanted, but said he'd 'only' be able to give me 4-5 hours free labor to put on the accessories I'd ship him. Well, he gave me more like 30 hours free labor. I sent him about $2000 worth of accessories to install on the bike and he did it all at no charge. The prep was outstanding, including having to customize the installation of some of the accessories. Every single one came out better than I could have anticipated, fabulously beautiful. Plus 600 mile service at no charge.

Can't recommend him enough. If you see him, tell him Leo Stemp sent you. He won't forget me for a long time. (I live on the east coast, bought the bike in CA during a vacation, and had him ship it back east to me.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
How about the Midwest. Im in Omaha. Any recommendations for a 12,000 mile service? Heard to many horror stories.

Pat
04 K1200GT

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
fastjohnny said:
As I said, mine is:

Irv Seaver
607 West Katella
Orange CA
714-532-3700

servive mangager: Chris Dyer
Chris is gone... It must be a long time since you've been in! Joe Palomba is the Service Manager now. Great guy, nice to talk to, good with a wrench.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts