BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '08 K1200GT, and under the rear passenger seat, on the top of the wheel cover, there looks to be a spot that could have a cover. Looking for this "cover", if it exists. It's not listed for this model, but there are three unused screw holes, and an "L" shaped cover would fit nicely over this space, and could be held down with three screws. They didn't put a Tool Kit per se with this model, only a snap-in screwdriver (on left), and two Torx tools on the right. I would love to use this space securely with a cover for tools (plug kit, etc.).

Anyone have a similar model that has a cover here? Maybe it was made to optionally place electrical components in this space.

Appreciate any information. Thanks,

Mike Cook
(678) 463-8938

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a couple of friends with these models, but I won't see them at least until this weekend or later. But you might have better luck posting this in the K12/13GT (next Gen.) section of this forum. Edit: A quick search of the parts list showed no cover on your inner fender, I suspect the seat provides to top closure for that box.

Frank

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
miketcook said:
Have an '08 K1200GT, and under the rear passenger seat, on the top of the wheel cover, there looks to be a spot that could have a cover. Looking for this "cover", if it exists. It's not listed for this model, but there are three unused screw holes, and an "L" shaped cover would fit nicely over this space, and could be held down with three screws. They didn't put a Tool Kit per se with this model, only a snap-in screwdriver (on left), and two Torx tools on the right. I would love to use this space securely with a cover for tools (plug kit, etc.).

Anyone have a similar model that has a cover here? Maybe it was made to optionally place electrical components in this space.

Mike Cook
(678) 463-8938

If I remember correctly, this is the place, where the alarm system gets installed.

·
Registered
478 Posts
miketcook said:

Mike Cook
(678) 463-8938
That is where the OEM tool kit belongs. Inadequate as it is. It is in a soft bag and ther are 2 rubber straps that hook onto either side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts