BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a beaded seat from BeadRider the other day. Much cooler ride for sure. Talked to an LT rider at the dealership who was concerned they would be sliding on the seat (or you sliding on them) when you rolled into a corner. Good question and a valid concern. I hit a bunch of twisties the other day and was solid as a rock, not a bit of worry. Makes your bike look like a taxi cab but they work and are a cheap fix for a hot azz.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
288 Posts
Beaded seats are available in Walmart for less than $10. However, they are meant for the car. Don't know if they can somehow be cut down to size to fit the bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
iflybricks said:
Got a beaded seat from BeadRider the other day. Much cooler ride for sure. Talked to an LT rider at the dealership who was concerned they would be sliding on the seat (or you sliding on them) when you rolled into a corner. Good question and a valid concern. I hit a bunch of twisties the other day and was solid as a rock, not a bit of worry. Makes your bike look like a taxi cab but they work and are a cheap fix for a hot azz.

Just my $0.02
Just curious, what size did you buy, and hows the fit??

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Love Beadrider

iflybricks said:

Just my $0.02
Purchased a beadrider for my departed '04GT.
Transformed the "low" RS seat which I had installed into a comfortable long distance mount. Rode the machine back from S. Carolina to Cleveland in one shot. Without the Beadrider, on that seat,...NO WAY.

Motorcycle Consumer News, within the last year or so, called it was one the best comfort improvements one could buy on an FJR1300.

In my experience, I agree. You get airflow under your rump and it spreads out the weight bearing pressure points. Not necessarily what I would call luxuriously comfortabe at first, you are sitting on wooden beads, but long term, it works.

Dmilan

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bouak said:
Just curious, what size did you buy, and hows the fit??

Thanks

From their website - 14” x 14” Here's the link to their sizing chart - Link to sizing chart

The fit is great, I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. Took some fuss to have it just far enough back so it doesn't touch the tank. There are elastic cords with those spring loaded stoppers (like on a jacket) - just wrench it tight and you're good to go. The construction feels solid too, I thought it might feel like a pile of beads wanting to come apart in my hands but that's not the case at all.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics as promised

Here's a couple photos of the beaded seat on my bike. Just make notice of where the aft bungee runs across the bottom of the seat (my hand in the 3rd pic) as it could interfere with mounting the seat. Only 80 today in Central Ohio and it felt positive cool on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
iflybricks said:
Here's a couple photos of the beaded seat on my bike. Just make notice of where the aft bungee runs across the bottom of the seat (my hand in the 3rd pic) as it could interfere with mounting the seat. Only 80 today in Central Ohio and it felt positive cool on the bike.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts