BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch this,

This is my friends k1200s, original grey version........he is a big fan of Senna.
This bike has carbon parts all over...huggers etc. His project, Senna bike , is not over yet...

the pictures are taken in italie and zwitserland

Aaichie
The Netherlands

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice pictures!

Has your friend with the Honda ridden the K1200S? I would be interested in their comments!

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
That paint job is so sweet. I'd like to do something like that with my new GT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pity the Senna SS are the wrong way round on the left hand side of the bike!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy on the honda has no interest in a BMW...he will always ride a honda. His blackbird is as quick as the k1200s (we tested it on full speed on the german motorways)...in the mountains the bmw really did a great job ...when you push the bike it will steer like a superbike untill finally your tires warne you for riding a bike that,s too big for doing what you are trying.....

overall the K1200S is probaply the best bike you can buy for riding fast on the streets..on a track its really to haevy and too long to follow the ligther japanese supersports.

·
Registered
531 Posts
beautiful custom paint job but not my cup of tea, i sure hope one day i can ride in europe that last picture looks awesome. take care and ride safe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On paper the bird is no match for the bmw, but in real life the bird leaves the beamer in the dust from 100km/h until about 200 km/h it runs off with a smile on his birdsface...from then the beamer screams in on the bird and takes it over but the top speed is almost similar ...i drive the yellow and black k1200s. I read topspeeds of the beamer over 300 km/h but I really tried but the beamer never reached over a 290 km/h...

this is tested several times on the german autbahns and it always had the same result...by the way we talk about a 2000 blackbird.

In the mountains the beamer is unbelieveble..it steers great and then leaves the bird in the dust. (by the way we talk about a blackbird driver who really knows how to drive on and off track)

When you all get the opportunity to drive in europe i reccomend the Swiss and italian alpes. There you find the most beautifull passes you can to drive a bike (mayby you follow the tour the france, you,ll see them..by the way i am glad armstrong is not riding anymore so we europians have a change to win again)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Those blackbirds are awesome machines...I wish Honda would bring them back with a vengence...say a CBR1400xx to go against the ZX14.
I would give up the K bike for one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you always have and will get bikes who has more horsepower but please a kawasaki is a no go.never ever. A blackbird maybe but i am verry verry happy with my beamer...i have had a lot of japanese bikes and i liked all of them but the beamer is the bike for me it is overall very good .....german quality...even on the track i ride with the fast boys and can follow them...there are a lot of bigmouths with shining japanes bikes who ride them like choppers and on a straigt (is this good english/amarican) way everybody can go fast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts