BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to get involved in the "is it really an '07" debate at all ;), but it seems pretty clear that the 2007 GTs arriving now aren't the same as the 2007s that will arrive next spring.

According to the BMW Web site (and I think I've read it here also), ASC will not be a factory option until Feb. That may also be true for the LED indicators, but I'm not sure on that. My dealer confirms that ASC would be retrofitable if I bought one of the 07 GTs he has coming in this month, but ... it will likely be VERY pricey to do so, he said.

I can deal with that 'cause I'd pretty much decided I'd stay away from version 1.0 of the ASC anyway. But, I can't help but wonder what other goodies I might miss out on by not waiting for a February GT. Any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
DavidRT said:
Not to get involved in the "is it really an '07" debate at all ;), but it seems pretty clear that the 2007 GTs arriving now aren't the same as the 2007s that will arrive next spring.

According to the BMW Web site (and I think I've read it here also), ASC will not be a factory option until Feb. That may also be true for the LED indicators, but I'm not sure on that. My dealer confirms that ASC would be retrofitable if I bought one of the 07 GTs he has coming in this month, but ... it will likely be VERY pricey to do so, he said.

I can deal with that 'cause I'd pretty much decided I'd stay away from version 1.0 of the ASC anyway. But, I can't help but wonder what other goodies I might miss out on by not waiting for a February GT. Any thoughts?
you know..
this is worse than a soap opera.....
what is this crap about the '07s coming now are not the same as those coming i february?

give me a break
you want the bike...
buy it now.... you might be DEAD before february...
do you want to spend the rest of your life wondering what better bike might be around the corner

seriously.....
in feb.....
you can get ASC (maybe HIDs) and the TPM......
both of which are 100% retrofittable (maybe for more money than factory ordered, admittedly)

any more questions?

i'm not trying to be rude.... but your comments have NO basis in fact

buy what you want..... when you want.... it's YOUR money, afterall...
but.... when i ride off from MY dealer in 2 days with and first-week-of-production '07 GT..... i'll give you daily updates that you can enjoy for the next 5 months until you buy YOUR bike.....
except..... when feb comes around..... someone, somewhere.....
and they'll probably be wrong as well.....
will be telling you how some july, 07 bike will OBVIOUSLY be better than your 2/07 build.......... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 

·
Statmaster
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
I have 11,000 miles on mine. Neener neener neener! :rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ClearwaterBMW said:
you know..
i'm not trying to be rude.... but your comments have NO basis in fact

buy what you want..... when you want.... it's YOUR money, afterall...
but.... when i ride off from MY dealer in 2 days with and first-week-of-production '07 GT..... i'll give you daily updates that you can enjoy for the next 5 months until you buy YOUR bike.....
except..... when feb comes around..... someone, somewhere.....
and they'll probably be wrong as well.....
will be telling you how some july, 07 bike will OBVIOUSLY be better than your 2/07 build.......... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wow! THAT'S not what I expected! :confused:

Yes, Greg, I'm aware that there will ALWAYS be something better coming out ... but don't deny me the right to ask (since I have NOT yet made my decision) about things others may have learned.

I hope your bike comes in tomorrow and it's the best thing you've ever experienced. And I'll be glad to read what you post about your rides.

But don't accuse me of posting mis-information. What I posted about the Feb. GTs is supported by what's on the BMW Web site right now, and by an e-mail exchange with my dealer.

Now back to the point. Anyone else got any info on the differences expected during the production year? Maybe you should PM me to avoid the flames! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
Over 7K here, and only regret it not being 17K :D

Joe, are you not doing the 7.0 upgrade?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
13K and going strong

I have about 13,000 miles on my K1200GT now, and don't regret a moment of it.

Fantastic motorcycle, except for the seat.

I would submit that a decision on whether or not to buy this motorcycle, or when, should not be predicated on the anticipated changes coming in new models. You will not regret what ever iteration you end up with.

(... hmmm, "iteration" seemed ok at first, now I'm not sure!<g>)

Don Goldberg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
DavidRT said:
Wow! THAT'S not what I expected! :confused:

Yes, Greg, I'm aware that there will ALWAYS be something better coming out ... but don't deny me the right to ask (since I have NOT yet made my decision) about things others may have learned.

I hope your bike comes in tomorrow and it's the best thing you've ever experienced. And I'll be glad to read what you post about your rides.

But don't accuse me of posting mis-information. What I posted about the Feb. GTs is supported by what's on the BMW Web site right now, and by an e-mail exchange with my dealer.

Now back to the point. Anyone else got any info on the differences expected during the production year? Maybe you should PM me to avoid the flames! :D
that wasn't a flame
.......
it was a post at the end of a very long day for me...
working
photography at a 9-11 memorial ceremony, etc...

i didn't mean to offend you
i guess i just want my bike and i hope it comes today

again.....
i'm sorry if i offended you.... i guess my words were hearsh

i apologize
again.....
it's YOUR money...
buy the bike you want... when you want it
the only one you have to please is YOU..... and maybe your banker or significant other, of course
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apology accepted, Greg. Sorry if my original post pushed your buttons -- wasn't intended that way. And I really DO hope you get that bike today! :)

I'm planning to visit my dealer this weekend and will probably make my decision on buying off the floor or ordering from the factory then, so I'm in fact-collection mode. I know the GT is a great ride, and I'll be very happy whichever one I settle on. But I also tend to ponder over decisions like this ... for me that's part of the fun. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
Glad to see you guys have kissed and made up. :leer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
DavidRT said:
Apology accepted, Greg. Sorry if my original post pushed your buttons -- wasn't intended that way. And I really DO hope you get that bike today! :)

I'm planning to visit my dealer this weekend and will probably make my decision on buying off the floor or ordering from the factory then, so I'm in fact-collection mode. I know the GT is a great ride, and I'll be very happy whichever one I settle on. But I also tend to ponder over decisions like this ... for me that's part of the fun. :eek:
i will very interested to hear the result of your fact collecting
please let us know

my dealer opens in 16 minutes....
he question..... how long do i wait to call ? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
SKIZIKS said:
Glad to see you guys have kissed and made up. :leer
well...
this place is a family
i'm sorry if i made waves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
well...
this place is a family
i'm sorry if i made waves
In six months on this board it was the very first time I'd seen someone use the "flame" word.

I'm glad your bike arrives today. (hopefully) You need a fix.

And no worries mate, you remind me of my brother. :yeah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
SKIZIKS said:
And no worries mate, you remind me of my brother. :yeah:

i hope that you like your brother.... don't you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
i hope that you like your brother.... don't you?
Love the bastard. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
DavidRT said:
Not to get involved in the "is it really an '07" debate at all ;), but it seems pretty clear that the 2007 GTs arriving now aren't the same as the 2007s that will arrive next spring.

According to the BMW Web site (and I think I've read it here also), ASC will not be a factory option until Feb. That may also be true for the LED indicators, but I'm not sure on that. My dealer confirms that ASC would be retrofitable if I bought one of the 07 GTs he has coming in this month, but ... it will likely be VERY pricey to do so, he said.

I can deal with that 'cause I'd pretty much decided I'd stay away from version 1.0 of the ASC anyway. But, I can't help but wonder what other goodies I might miss out on by not waiting for a February GT. Any thoughts?
Your opening statement is kind of misleading. Somebody in Feb of 2007 will be able to order a bike exactly like the one I got on saturday. ESA, Computer, Heated Seats and Grips, Crusie control. IF they choose, they may order ASC, TPM, and the newer light. These are options, not a redesign. We know that TPM, and the light can be changed. Maybe ASC. Other options

Not sure if any of these are worth the 6 months of riding you could get? SHort of a new engine or tranny, not sure I would wait. OF course 6 months from now, something new will be on the horizon, and you'll want to wait till next July......


My .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hazard said:
... These are options, not a redesign. ...
Thanks hazard ... you're getting at the heart of what my poorly worded question was about (Note to self: never post while watching your team miss a game-tying FG with 12 secs left. :wtf )

Seeing that ASC and the new indicators wouldn't be available as options until Feb. made me wonder if there was some major, underlying system that was due to change then as well. Doesn't sound like that's the case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
dealer info:

DavidRT said:
Wow! THAT'S not what I expected! :confused:

Yes, Greg, I'm aware that there will ALWAYS be something better coming out ... but don't deny me the right to ask (since I have NOT yet made my decision) about things others may have learned.

I hope your bike comes in tomorrow and it's the best thing you've ever experienced. And I'll be glad to read what you post about your rides.

But don't accuse me of posting mis-information. What I posted about the Feb. GTs is supported by what's on the BMW Web site right now, and by an e-mail exchange with my dealer.

Now back to the point. Anyone else got any info on the differences expected during the production year? Maybe you should PM me to avoid the flames! :D

Having been a web administrator I know that it almost takes an act of God to keep a web site up to date (and relevant), there are so many people who have to sign off on changes or additions.

That being said...Columbus BMW (OHIO) last weekend told me the traction control would be retrofittedable after it was released on '07's ordered now : but the catch is the bike has to be ordered with it before it is built. Now figure...they have some of the hard parts (wiring etc.) yet have to finalize the software or visa versa or a combination of both. He said the next one they are due has no deposit on it and it was not ordered with the traction control. so the traction control could not be added after Feb. '06. He did say they were getting three in within the next few weeks. Sold every one at MSRP. I did not ask if the other bikes were ordered with the ASC (automatic stability control?)

My only time to visit the dealer in on Saturday, maybe during the week if a person was really serious and had cash in hand to buy, the dealer could call someone at BMW and get an accurate answer as to retrofittable or not and at what cost. etc.

When I look at the Gear section on the BMW site, they don't even list the III model of the GPS. So...this kind of shows how up to date the web site is....

Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
i believe your dealer is wrong about the requirements of retrofitting the asc.....
every other dealer has heard that all bike with the teves braking system can have asc....
every one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
clickr said:
That being said...Columbus BMW (OHIO) last weekend told me the traction control would be retrofittedable after it was released on '07's ordered now : but the catch is the bike has to be ordered with it before it is built. Now figure...they have some of the hard parts (wiring etc.) yet have to finalize the software or visa versa or a combination of both. He said the next one they are due has no deposit on it and it was not ordered with the traction control. so the traction control could not be added after Feb. '06. He did say they were getting three in within the next few weeks. Sold every one at MSRP. I did not ask if the other bikes were ordered with the ASC (automatic stability control?)

My only time to visit the dealer in on Saturday, maybe during the week if a person was really serious and had cash in hand to buy, the dealer could call someone at BMW and get an accurate answer as to retrofittable or not and at what cost. etc.
What......!! You're saying that in order to get the ASC you have to order it blind, with no idea when it will actually be available, or even if it's worth getting, and they want you to pay up front for the priviledge??? :confused: I didn't think even BMW had gone that crazy. The GT's only been out since March this year and it's already had more changes implemented or planned than most models get in their entire lifetime. Get one now, before it's no longer the same bike (unless of course you wanted a different bike all along) ;)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top