BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to tackle a brake line replacement and (of course) a full flush and fill on my 2004 1200GT. Unfortunately, both the special wrench once offered by BMW and the funnel sold by Beemerboneyard are no longer available. While I can fab. the wrench without too much trouble, does anyone know of a substitute device that I can used to help me keep fluid in the rear master cylinder while I'm doing the service>

·
Registered
85 Posts
HD/lowes sell rubber stoppers with holes in them, like you used in high school chemistry class if you think you need to do it that way. I've used the tube from a turkey baster as a funnel for brake reservoir filling without adding the stopper. It just means keeping an eye on the fluid level and stopping a few times to refill it. The first few refills you can get away with overfilling it to the top to make things a little easier. Also, standard sockets fit the bleed nipples. I just used a 1/4 ratchet to break the nipple loose then finger tightened it and slipped the bleed tubing over it. Slip the socket over the tubing and use it between the fingers to open/close the bleeder until finished, then remove tubing and use wrench to tighten to final torque. You do have to be extremely careful about (not) getting brake fluid on the paintwork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts