BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Setting the clock

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cclaypool16 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to set the clock on my 2006 K1200S holding down black rubber button for more than 5 seconds without engine running does not work,as if button is non functional ?

#6 ·
Try a small screwdriver or small allen wrench that is no bigger around than the center rubber dot. Push it in further about 1/8 inch instead of using your finger. Your finger is too fat. I use a small Allen wrench.

You don't need to kill it with pressure but the button is further in the rubber than you think. Once in, wait a couple seconds and it will increment 1 digit. Repeat the push for the next number. I don't think holding it in will fast forward. Setting the minutes, same thing but I had to repeat it 40 times to get the time from 8 mins to my desired 48 mins.

Set mine today. I wouldn't use a phillips screwdriver with a point or a flat tipped one to avoid tear. Good luck. Let us know if it worked for you.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.