BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Howdy, Im in Calgary and have a K1200GT up here its a 2006 model with only 23k miles on it, I will sell it, it has been dropped but you could use your panels on it same color.
Let me know if you are interested.
Also have a K1200RS in Phoenix with only 3K miles recently serviced at the BMW dealer, also for sale.
If I sell them I will get a Ducatti Multistrada, I can be reached via email at [email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I already parted out my bike, half the parts are gone including most of the body panels, so no interest here, might have been a year ago, but I have moved on. Good luck moving your bikes and with the new Ducati.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Okay, first let me look under the seat to see 'zackly what I have, and I'll get back.

I am slowly admitting that I have to have my bike towed to the dealer - the only one for 3,000 miles - the one with only one qualified tech - and have them look after whatever is making my bike overfuel. I am suspicious of the fuel pressure, which appears to stay constant regardless of whatever else is going on. This problem could be in the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pump controller, the ECU, or elsewhere. The almost total lack of information on any of these, and how they interact, is frustrating.

Realoem.com informs that the ECU is also used by a number of other bikes, some of which don't even have four cylinders. I'd want it that way to reduce having to invent, manufacture and stock a part for each version. Apparently the coding makes all the difference, not the hard parts.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Skiboy, I'll not be needing your control unit, though I wish it were that simple. Instead, the dealer is taking me for about a grand to replace the fuel pressure sensor. Since it's kinda far "in there" and a good deal of sensitive stuff has to come out, I'm letting them do it. In one sense it's a relief not having to do it, in quite another a blemish on my record for DIY. Not to mention it's expensive! But with negligible technical info available, the can have the job, guarantee their work, and it'll be done right. I hope.

·
IBR# 366
3,234 Posts
Fairings might be tough, as they're easily damaged. I had to swap my 2007 K12GT fairings onto my 2009 K13GT after a deer strike.

Exhaust may be easier, as those are often replaced with aftermarket. Unfortunately, both of my factory exhausts are dinged, so I just used the best one on my K13GT. :(

21 - 33 of 33 Posts