BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing the roller bearing shifter upgrade kit on my K 1200 S that I read about here for those of you that have installed them will it fit the K 1300s particularly my GT I emailed Alan Knowles The inventor at phantom rider. I haven’t heard back but I can tell you there is no slop Although my bike only had 20,000 miles on it my plastic bushings still look pretty good but you can tell this is more Precise no movement

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
relax, the k13 does not need it.
View attachment 31072 lol
Note item 4, a ball bearing.
I am very Relaxed !
One bearing on the front plastic bushings through the rest that to me will definitely wear uneven my GT only has 26,000 miles on it and there is a little slop Side to side. I like the feel of my new set up better and I have a kit coming for the GT

·
Registered
2005 BMW K1200S
231 Posts
OlisToys

Beech is right the K1300 has bearings not bushings.
The O.D. is larger and similar to skateboard bearings.

I'm not sending it, I woke up remembering that someone posted they used the K1300 GT on their 1200S. I speed read 1200GT and missed you have the 1300. It has bearings.

I have parts for 10 more kits but yet to break even so I do appreciate the attention .
I made rear set plates for the K1200S so my toes could hang and shift quicker.
The 1300 has a shorter lever and it isn't in front of the oil filter!
Postage is too much to send the blue peg rubber only.

I'm about to learn how to repair my BMW K1200S and sure miss my Suzuki Bandit that was the only girl that didn't cheat on me. It was a reliable torque monster.

I just restored the KIA I was gifted by a lady that couldn't bear
"Watching me fix a bike to get to the BMW dealer to buy a tool to fix the bike"

I'm learning that "Availability is more imortant than ability and nothing is more over rated than potential."
I spent all my money on pretty women and fast Motos. The rest I wasted.
Now I have a pretty bike and no idea how to repair it.
I have no problems just solutions .

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OlisToys

Beech is right the K1300 has bearings not bushings.
The O.D. is larger and similar to skateboard bearings.

I'm not sending it, I woke up remembering that someone posted they used the K1300 GT on their 1200S. I speed read 1200GT and missed you have the 1300. It has bearings.

I have parts for 10 more kits but yet to break even so I do appreciate the attention .
I made rear set plates for the K1200S so my toes could hang and shift quicker.
The 1300 has a shorter lever and it isn't in front of the oil filter!
Postage is too much to send the blue peg rubber only.

I'm about to learn how to repair my BMW K1200S and sure miss my Suzuki Bandit that was the only girl that didn't cheat on me. It was a reliable torque monster.

I just restored the KIA I was gifted by a lady that couldn't bear
"Watching me fix a bike to get to the BMW dealer to buy a tool to fix the bike"

I'm learning that "Availability is more imortant than ability and nothing is more over rated than potential."
I spent all my money on pretty women and fast Motos. The rest I wasted.
Now I have a pretty bike and no idea how to repair it.
I have no problems just solutions .
OK thanks anyway. I will search for the blue toe shifter Online

·
Registered
2005 BMW K1200S
231 Posts
OK thanks anyway. I will search for the blue toe shifter Online
You are as fanatical as I am.
I'll send one black and one blue for $10 plus 1st class shipping.
They are silicone gel and took forever and a day.

I lost my BMW key but now have a car and a fresh outlook.
Moving to the Valley has helped, its calmer than L.A.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Olistoys,

If you find one, my bushing is becoming un-manageable, let us know if the bearing kits are still available.

Thanks
As I posted In another thread they are available you can buy them on eBay or send phantom rider a private message that you want one

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 BMW K1200S
231 Posts
Olistoys,

If you find one, my bushing is becoming un-manageable, let us know if the bearing kits are still available.

Thanks
I have several kits ready to go. They have survived my fanatical street racing , are all stainless, and guaranteed, A huge improvement at a modest cost. It's on ebay:
BMW K1200S, K1200R Gear Shift Upgrade Kit Stainless Bolt Bearings Nut Washers
Coil spring Auto part Gas Household hardware Cylinder

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh, My Hero!!!!

Yes, If I have to wait another 45 to 60 days for a replacement bushing, I'm going to scream!

Lets do it, you think you could ship it all the way out here to Thailand? USPS international priority?

Thats the only way I'll avoid the Voltures at Thai Customs who want to jerk me off for not buying Chinese parts!

Ill jingle you on PM or do the Ebay gig.

Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, My Hero!!!!

Yes, If I have to wait another 45 to 60 days for a replacement bushing, I'm going to scream!

Lets do it, you think you could ship it all the way out here to Thailand? USPS international priority?

Thats the only way I'll avoid the Voltures at Thai Customs who want to jerk me off for not buying Chinese parts!

Ill jingle you on PM or do the Ebay gig.

Thanks!
Thailand and you ride a European bike that technically needs a few things here and there to keep them running can’t be easy in that country….we have the same bike it looks like 👍

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts