BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode the GT to the office today and thought I'd try a little technique I used on my RT for shifting and the results on the RT were excellent. With the GT I was most interested in especially 1-3 shifts.

I hold the left grip with only my forefinger and clutch with the other three.... it holds the clutch from coming all the way to the grip and maybe somewhat loads the clutch/trans...
sure seemed smoother to me.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
roadshadowww said:
Rode the GT to the office today and thought I'd try a little technique I used on my RT for shifting and the results on the RT were excellent. With the GT I was most interested in especially 1-3 shifts.

I hold the left grip with only my forefinger and clutch with the other three.... it holds the clutch from coming all the way to the grip and maybe somewhat loads the clutch/trans...
sure seemed smoother to me.
Others have posted putting a bit of pressure on the shift lever prior to pulling in the clutch, to accomplish the same thing, with similar results. Maybe doing both is even better?
MY EARPLUGS PRETTY MUCH GET RID OF THE CLUNK FOR ME. I lived with it on my K12S and it ain't any better on the K12GT. But, it does get a bit better with time/miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts