BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the sound of the Ztecknik exhaust that came on my K12RS. Plus I dont want to mess with the repacking BS. Should I just put the stock exhaust back on or stay with the ztechnik? Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ehaust system

If you don't like the sound of the ZTechnic, by all means change back to the stock exhaust.
aftermarket exhausts on the K1200RS do little if anything for increasing the performance of the bike, other than decreasing the weight

My bike came (used) with a Remus titanium system and I really tried to find the original owner to see if iI could get the original exhaust for the bike.

The Remus, with a chip adds about 2 HP @ 9000rpm's and the cost was about $1600 with the chip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
BluBrick said:
... aftermarket exhausts on the K1200RS do little if anything for increasing the performance of the bike, other than decreasing the weight...
I replaced my oem exhaust w/ a Staintune (right before the HUGE price jump) primarily to eliminate the HEAT emanating from the stock CAT... MAJOR difference in temp between the oem and aftermarket (sans CAT) exhausts... may be a factor in rear-engine/transmission seal life as well (poll anyone?) as the oem CAT sits directly underneath the tranny.... fwiw

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the factory exhaust have a good sound? The Ztechnik I have sounds like a teenager with a huge pipe on a lowrider Accord. Of course the fiberglass is probably gone as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my opinion the stock exhaust is almost too quiet, although its not the reason I chose to replace it (see my post above) since I always wear ear protection when I ride anyway... The Staintune, for one, comes with a removable restrictor which keeps the noise level to a respectable 90db or so, I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts