BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes, but you may still get canbus errors. And some of the w5w led bulbs are rubbish (from experience) and keep failing. It is a pain trying to get them swapped out, unless you have small dexterous hands, and there is always the possibility of dropping one inside the light housing

Also make sure they are lighting before putting the plug back in (DAMHIK).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed two amber LED bulbs and had no canbus error. They didn't last six months. It is a real pain to change them too so i just put some regular amber bulbs back in there and went on my way. To my way of thinking the parking lights needed to be amber. It makes the bike more visible at night and is what people in the USA expect to see on the front of a motorcycle.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Canbus is the computer controlling the electrics. If the canbus isn't happy with the light for any reason, it will light an error on the dash.

·
Registered
255 Posts
as above..... canbus is some mad netrwok controlled mess most vehicles have used from around 2005 - the system is able to see what current the bulb is pulling, so swap to a low power LED and the bikes see's it as a blown bulb, "canbus error free bulbs" try to convince the computer its all good - but most ads go on to state but BM and Merc still hate life

I fitted a set it was 50 50 if the bike threw its teddies or not - you can and many do, fit a resistor in the circuit to pull enough current the bike behaves

·
Registered
38 Posts
AUXITO 194 LED Light Bulb 6000K White 168 2825 W5W T10 Wedge 24-SMD 3014 Chipsets LED Replacement Bulbs Error Free for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License. I use these from amazon, no problems, white is good for seeing whats in hand when stopped at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts