BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a side stand pad that enlarges the pad area to prevent tip overs on the 06-07 K1200GT?? :dunno:

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Check BMW of Santa Cruz, go to Wunderlich online shopping. I use it and it's great.

Part number:8500049
Price: 39.95

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use a circular, all-weather electrical box cover. Oven baked enamel. $1.38 at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. :clap:

·
Registered
337 Posts
The electrical box cover works great. A crushed coke tin (beer tin) works well. I received a free pad from "the Pirate" in an order I had. Circular disk, same size as the electrical box cover but has a raised part on it for the side stand leg to fit into. I also have a flourescent "foot" that I use on my GoldWing.

When you are using something you'd like to keep for the next stop, make sure you tie a piece to string to it (flourescent works best) so you can't ride away and forget it.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
All those things you guys mentioned work great and I've used them myself. I have a couple of the Pirate's free pads, one of which I gave to my son. But the advantage to the Wunderlich thingie is that it's ALWAYS THERE ON THE BIKE. It really doesn't detract from the looks of the bike in my opinion, and it's the way the side stand should have been made in the first place.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
GTMartin said:
The Wunderlich pad does reduce ground clearance, I have touched it down a couple of times.
You're my hero. I still have over half an inch of chicken strips, and I know they will ALWAYS be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts