BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the Sidi discovery boots be a good fit to ride the K1200GT or would that be an overkill? I am looking for good support with a good gripping sole.

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Dunno. I do know you want a waterproof boot. I've had many "waterproof" boots that weren't. Then I got to thinking, foul rainy weather, ahhh, England!

I wear the handmade moto cop boots by Altberg. Man, they are great, tough, too. Real tough. Thick leather and soles and completly waterproof.

Did I mention all day wearing and walking comfort?

·
Registered
969 Posts
mantmich said:
Would the Sidi discovery boots be a good fit to ride the K1200GT or would that be an overkill? I am looking for good support with a good gripping sole.
I thought that boot was mainly for off-road use or Adventure riding. I've not worn them, but they don't seem as they would be comfortable while on a GT.

Check www.newenough.com for a selection and some explanations of the boots they sell. No affiliation, but they have great service. http://www.newenough.com/boots/

·
Registered
181 Posts
Waterproof Sidi

Sidi does have two styles of waterproof (gortex-like membrane) boots. I don't recall the model names, but I have had both of them, and was (is) very satisfied. Definitely are waterproof, and are very comfortable.

On the other hand, I bought a pair of "half-height" AlpineStars a year or so ago, and never use them. No advantage over the full height Sidi.

Don G.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
I wear the Sidi OnRoads, so the Discovery would not be overkill

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have found that my Sidi's are absolutely waterproof. I wear the Canyons which have a more conventional looking sole; a bit less of the "space boot" look.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Is there a sizing difference between off-road and street boots? Of the same maker?
If I wear Sidi Vertigo size 8,5 will Disco of the same size/or Charger/ fit me?

·
Registered
107 Posts
grifscoots said:
Dunno. I do know you want a waterproof boot. I've had many "waterproof" boots that weren't. Then I got to thinking, foul rainy weather, ahhh, England!

I wear the handmade moto cop boots by Altberg. Man, they are great, tough, too. Real tough. Thick leather and soles and completly waterproof.

Did I mention all day wearing and walking comfort?
Link saved! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have been looking for full calf, lace-ups for a long time. Third boot down will do the trick.
Why lace-ups? Tuck pants in or add extra heavy socks. Huzah!
Plus, my left foot is almost a half size larger than the right. Caused by being right handed and doing heavy bench work all my life. It causes the left foot to grow abit over the years.
Custom fit will do the trick!

·
Registered
650 Posts
mantmich said:
I wear the SIDI Tepor EVO. Fully waterproof (tested), very comfy, grippy sole without the full wanker MOTOGP colors.

Check out the SIDI website

No offence intended for the Full Color MOTOGP style boot wearin Bro`s.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sidi also makes a boot that is exclusive to Aerostich It's called the Combat Touring Boot.
They are also available in a LIGHTWEIGHT version which is shorter and not so like a MotoX boot. They are a bit heavy and stiff when you first get them but absolutely heavy duty and secure. During summer long rides they are a bit hot but do breath with a wicking style sock. My feet really sweat. Good socks are the plan for people like me. I have included two reviews of the boots here for you to read. The light weight boots were introduced about a year ago and I have been wearing mine almost every time I ride. Now they are a trusted friend and I feel very comfy in them. As they are very solid they will take some time to break in and mold to your feet but you won't be unhappy you spent the $267.00 + shipping to buy them. They can be re-soled and should last for a LONG time.
Here ya go. Take a look

www.motorcycle.com/products/battle-ready-aerostich-combat-tour-boots-3882.html - 34k

http://tank.aerostich.com/pdf/cbt_light.pdf

·
Registered
18 Posts
For touring I like the "combat lite" by SIDI from Aerostitch. They are heavy but are well built, comfortable and provide great support. For short rides in the summer I also wear "motorcycle boots" from Russell Mocassins, hand made in Berlin WI.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts