BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the SKF part number(s) for the front bearings on my 2009 K1300GT? Also the seal part number...

I'd rather not take my chances with Amazon or eBay counterfeit parts and get the correct ones - but not pay BMW dealer prices! Also time is of the essence because A) I am in Canada so fast shipping is out between Canada and USA, and B) I ride every day and the bike has been down for two days and I am having withdrawal symptoms!

While I am waiting for my 22mm hex driver to arrive, so I can pull the wheel off, I figured I could go to my local brick & mortar auto parts store and get the genuine SKF (or equiv) bearings and seals that I need once I have the wheel off.

I have the heat gun, bearing pullers, deep freeze (to cool the bearing down prior to insertion), etc. and shop manual.

Thanks!

John :-#)#

PS, Signs the front bearings are failing include - 1) a very faint squeal noise that sounds like an off station AM radio signal, 2) and (the one I should have paid attention to) you need to pump the front brakes once in a while to get full action - this is because the wheel has the minutest wobble (feels like a touch of sand under the wheel) and this pushes the pucks apart slightly. You can't even feel the play in the wheel at this point! I'm sure there are more, but these were what I noticed!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Shaft seal - # 36 31 8 561 710 SHAFT SEAL - AS32X47X7 (2) $18.70
Bearing - # 36 31 8 531 207 GROOVED BALL BEARING - 25X47 (2) $37.56

When you remove the wheel, DO NOT remove the wheel carrier on the left side of the bike that is held on by the Torx bolt.

You can find your parts here - https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51590&rnd=07242017

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For GROOVED BALL BEARING - 25X47 - what is the last number supposed to be? It appears that bearings can be 25X47X12 (rubber seal), or 25X47X8 (open) if I understand the nomenclature correctly.

As for the seal - is the AS part important or is that just BMWs prefix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
The numbers in parenthesis are the the total number of parts, one per side. Don't know what the AS number is for on the part. I order my parts directly from Max BMW, so I just go by the part number. Go to the link and select "Wheels" and look at diagram 36_0815. If you are ordering the parts from Amazon or eBay, you will need to remove them and measure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts