BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back someone was asking about sliders for the GT. I try to make a habit of never posting anything that would give others the impression that I am trying to tell anyone what to do (I'm guessing that I have neither the experience and/or riding skills of most others on this board), but if you are considering installing sliders, especially aluminum versus plastic units, you may want to read this thread first:

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//inde...opic=11635&st=0

YMMV, no offense to anyone intended.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
The link does not work.
But thank you, Prof. It was me asking about the sliders BUT not usual ones!
I was interested in possibility to install the sliders Under the side plastics, not to spoil the look of the bike. Like K12S has them - looks like made of rubber. And I saw a KS after a crash - paintwork only.
Did not read the thread on fjrforum but could imagine the content - everybody knows that alu and some plastic sliders could do harm to the frame.
Thank you once again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
easyman05 said:
The link does not work.
But thank you, Prof. It was me asking about the sliders BUT not usual ones!
I was interested in possibility to install the sliders Under the side plastics, not to spoil the look of the bike. Like K12S has them - looks like made of rubber. And I saw a KS after a crash - paintwork only.
Did not read the thread on fjrforum but could imagine the content - everybody knows that alu and some plastic sliders could do harm to the frame.
Thank you once again.
Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts