BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys.....

This might be a really silly question... But some folks say the Slip-Ons for the K12R/S will fit and some say they don't fit.

Does anyone know for sure whether or not a slip on made for the S and R bikes will fit the GT?

I was going to call my dealer today and ask them, but I am afraid they might laugh. :teeth

So, I thought I would throw it out here and see what everyone thought.

I just bought the GT, and it's begging to make a little noise!

Anything advice will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bnash88

·
Registered
291 Posts
Seek Out The Pirate

Can't answer your question dead on but I'd suggest starting with Jerry Finley at The Pirates Lair. I have no affiliation with this gentleman or site whatsoever. I will admit to spending quite a bit of time checking out his products and testimonials. Really nice web site catering to exotic bikes such as the K12GT and his prose is excellent if you have the least little bit of a sense of humor.

http://piratesk12site.net/ProductGT.htm

Hope this helps,

David

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Thought I saw something that the Remus slip-on for the S fits the GT. I just can't seem to remember where I saw that.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cans

I think the can fits but you need a connector to couple to the GT that is slightly different than the S connector.

·
Capn' Blowhard
333 Posts
Check with Jerry at Pirates Lair - call me fanboy but that guy knows his stuff and even replied personally to an order I placed over the weekend to let me know it was in the pipe. You just don't find customer service like that anymore.

I went with the Remus Carbon slip on for my '07 GT. Pirates Lair includes all the mounting bits and extension that you need.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nexus-6 said:
I went with the Remus Carbon slip on for my '07 GT. Pirates Lair includes all the mounting bits and extension that you need.
So, how much (if you don't mind me asking) is the Remus CF slip on can with adaptor?
If its not too crazy, I might throw down and get one too :teeth

·
Registered
279 Posts
Two Brothers makes the M2 & M5 Vale slip ons that fit the K12GT, K12S and K12R. They sound great and you lose quite a bit of weight over the stock system.

Mike
'06 GT

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
slowflyn said:
Thought I saw something that the Remus slip-on for the S fits the GT. I just can't seem to remember where I saw that.
Darrel,
You saw it in the REMUS documentation, I suppose. I got it with my new REMUS Ti slip-on and found that it was designed for KS/KR 2005 or 2004.
BUT it's better to send an enquiry to producer. I wanted to buy Laser but they replied me that they did not intend to produce a can for GT though I heard and liked the one on KS.
But, IMHO, there is not so big difference in PS between KS and KGT so I might have bought a Laser now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts