BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw these small windshields on Ali express , only cost 20 some bucks thought I would give it a go !
dunno for me I think it’s too crazy looking what do you guys think ?
probably would look better with bar end mirrors as opposed to standard ! Trying to get myself to like it but struggling hahah just have this feel it does not fit with the lines of the bike at all lol
definately impractical for any touring or higher speed runs the wind blast is something bet the gauges may suffer in rain aswelll …very quick and easy to install uninstall though !

this is where I got it from

AU $21.37 23% Off | K1200R 05-08 K1300R 09-15 Windshield WindScreen Front Glass Cover Deflectors Wind Shield Screen for BMW K1200 K1300 R 2

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
K1200RS
57 Posts
Not my taste and I'm lovin' the windshield and fairing on my K1200RS.

After 45-years of riding without any protection and coming home from trips covered with bugs and the stuff falling out of the back of a road train hauling cattle, I'll stick with stock windshield and laminar lip.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I agree with you both on this ! I mean thought it may make a cool change for a bit but in the end it’s just stupid and stupid looking hahaha 20 bucks was worth an investigate !

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MikeinthemeaDow : are you the one that lives in or near bathhurst I spoke to awhile back ?
I may be moving to katoomba are for several months in 3 months time and i plan on s-ending 90 % of my time tearing around that whole area including bathhurst and everything out west onwards from Katoomba on the great western hwy….
maybe we can go for some rides when I get up that way like we talked about a few months back if it was you ? Am I remembering right ? Your son got busted doing like a million over the limit having fun on mt panorama ?

·
Super Moderator
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,481 Posts
Perfect for below 60 mph. The S1000R comes with something like that. Your evaluation about weather, bugs and wind blast is right on. I quickly got something a little bigger. Check with MSR for something in between small and huge.
Plus it is TUV approved thus safe on your specific bike.

·
Registered
K1200RS
57 Posts
Yep. That’s me. Livin’ the dream, trying to stay dry. After the rain Sunday night, (120mm, 5 inches in the old money in 8 hours) my place looked like Venice. All I needed was a couple of barber poles like they have on the Grand Canal and a gondola. To top it off, nearly got trapped in Bathurst yesterday when the river rose and cut off the two bridges into town. How’d you go?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike : damn it was that bad for you guys! I live in rose bay so we are right by the Harbor hence flooding is impossible as everything just runs into the Harbor …but overall the weather has not been that bad lately even though the news has been going on and on about dangerous storms etc !
Seems like everyone else is getting hit hard though !
Sorry to hear what you went through mate ! Hoping it’s over for you guys by now and you managed to keep the water out of your home! I can only imagine what a terrible thing that must be to go through! I guess anywhere inland in Australia on the east coast anyways has been under threat lately with all this la ninja rain crap!
in A few months when I move to the mountains I will for sure be buzzing around your area I will hit you up ! I have a couple of bmw rider buddies already living up there .. maybe a fun group to tour around with….

beech: so many people say these bikes are ugly but I absolutely love the look of em …maybe it’s that different unique ugly look taht I like .I wouldn’t change a thing about it …
I tried the mini screen just to see if it was a look that I liked ..I get that it’s an aweful option for touring or anything else above 60 but thought maybe around town it could be good like you said at low speeds…
but yeah I can’t stand the look of it hahah maybe it’s just too naked for me …like I said the mirrors going up kind of breaking the downwards line I think maybe my problem, if it had bar end mirrors with this little windshield it would give it a bit of a cafe racer look but still the air intake faring bits look huge to me with this little shield on and like it doesn’t really fit visually for me anyways…
the windshield option you posted I have looked at a few of those and functionally would probably be a godsend for hwy and touring but again I absolutely hate the look and since I’m in love with the looks of this bike I guess I would rather suffer but still be pleased visually than have the giant shield where I hate how it now looks lol …I know dumb haha I guess if I’m willing to take the pain for its looks lol my last longer trip I was just covered in bugs after passing a long lake at 110 along the way but I had the darth Vader helmet on not this little one …can only imagine what it would have been like with the tiny screen lol
Although swapping these screens out is a 2 min job and so easy ..maybe throwing the big one on for longer high speed trips then just swapping back after would be a good idea for someone like me that hates the look of it …

1 - 8 of 8 Posts