46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the posts about pre-loading and pulling the clutch half-way
I am getting the most unbelievably smooth changes now
Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
110 Posts
It also works for me. However, what about down-shifts? Is there a trick for smoothing out those? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
to down shift, blip the throttle to match the revs. if you ride the clutch without any throttle, you will get the huge "clunk."

·
Registered
71 Posts
Smooth like a bomb

This bike shifts like a Harley. From nuetral to first at a stop, it shakes the bike. All the upshifts are ok.
David
07 KGT

·
Registered
969 Posts
bridwell52 said:
This bike shifts like a Harley. From nuetral to first at a stop, it shakes the bike. All the upshifts are ok.
David
07 KGT
Actually, my Harley shifts smoother. I downshift to 1st before I come to a complete stop so it doesn't clunk as bad. If I do have do shift from N to 1st while stopped, I usually put a slow, steady pressure on the shifter and sometimes it slips into gear without all the clunking.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Okay, we are supposed to be in 1st gear at a stop according to MSF, what is up with you pro riders? You know the deal, leave room for an exit, stay in gear so you can make an exit!!!

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
When shifting into 1st from a complete stop, pull the clutch fully and wait 3 seconds. It will slip silently into gear.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Upshift without the clutch -- blip of throttle during down shift - smooth .
Dave

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
slowflyn said:
When shifting into 1st from a complete stop, pull the clutch fully and wait 3 seconds. It will slip silently into gear.
Yeah, but then you get 3 seconds of honking from the folks behind you. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts