BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was amused to find that of the three BMW dealerships within driving distance of me, all three have 2 to 3 GT's on the show room floor. And one place said thier white (light gray?) had been there about a week.

Guess I will hold off on putting a deposit down and just go buy the stupid thing LOL.

Oh yeah, and South Sound BMW tech dude adamantly refused to believe me that there was any kind of updated mapping with CIP 7.0 like you guys have been talking about. He said I was "listening to the internet without knowing what I was talking about".

·
Registered
96 Posts
what I would do....then

Gorf said:
I was amused to find that of the three BMW dealerships within driving distance of me, all three have 2 to 3 GT's on the show room floor. And one place said thier white (light gray?) had been there about a week.

Guess I will hold off on putting a deposit down and just go buy the stupid thing LOL.

Oh yeah, and South Sound BMW tech dude adamantly refused to believe me that there was any kind of updated mapping with CIP 7.0 like you guys have been talking about. He said I was "listening to the internet without knowing what I was talking about".

I would not buy from a dealer that had employees that talked to customers or prospective customer that way and I would talk to the "owner".

The proper response would have been....thank's for the information the next time I get a Kgt on the computer I will see what it says and call someone at MotorRad.

Buy the bike from a knowledgeable dealer/network.....

Cheers.

·
Enthusiast
601 Posts
Gorf said:
He's a little behind the curve. The CIP 7.0 update was announced in a bulletin in August. There has even been an update since 7.0 came out. It was a minor update to 7.0 correcting the failures encountered when updating the later production K1200GT models. The bulletin for CIP 7.0.1 was issued last month.

There may very well be some misinformation spread on the internet, but you won't find it here. You might suggest to your dealer that they take a look at this site - we have several reputable dealers as supporters. We wouldn't have that support if we weren't careful to make sure our members stick to the facts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
randy said:
There has even been an update since 7.0 came out. It was a minor update to 7.0 correcting the failures encountered when updating the later production K1200GT models. The bulletin for CIP 7.0.1 was issued last month.
I can confirm that the 7.0.1 update is out with dealers, certainly in the UK, as my 07 bike was upgraded 2 weeks ago, during its first service, to overcome a tendancy for the engine to cut out if it was started again while still hot (The 7.0 upgrade was done at the PDI).

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Gorf said:
Now that's SCARY! :eek:

Why don't you make him a wager for a free service?
Oh, never mind. He hasn't read the manual yet. :rotf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts