BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The '04 KRS got totaled on some black ice and I intend to get away from the heavyweight bikes. I'm seriously looking at a Yamaha FZ1 at present.
First the right wrist has to heal and then I will decide which way I'm headed.

I do have a 5.5" rear wheel, rear rack with a key and a half a dozen oil filters,etc. available for local SoCal pickup. After I get this cast off I will be able to ship the stuff thats left.

·
Registered
365 Posts
brucecha said:
I'm seriously looking at a Yamaha FZ1 at present.
You will enjoy an FZ1, nice upright, needs the sprockets changed to 1 less on front two more on the rear, slightly bigger windscreen, OEM buffets a bunch. If you go 06 or newer a power commander and pipe, or 05 and older rejet the carbs with a pipe.

Makes a perfect commuter bike!!

It eats tires faster than the KS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I owned a '05 FZ1 before I bought my '07 K12R. The FZ was a great bike, I just liked the KR better personally. The '06 & newer FZ's have a really hard seat in my opinion, I would buy something different, the '05 & older had a decent seat but if you do any 300+ mile days then I would think about getting a softer seat. I had a jetting kit from Ivan's. Click here for the link to jetting kit All I can say is WOW!!! I also had a slip-on exhaust, the original was way too quiet. Oh, and just a warning, that motorcycle really liked to do wheelies!!!!! :D Fun bike!

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck and hope the wrist heals up well. I enjoyed swapping ideas back when we were installing our electronics. Good luck with the lightweights. Bill

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
wish you well and a quick healing. glad to hear you have plans to keep riding. good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts